Murder with Peacocks (Meg Langslow Mysteries)

by Donna Andrews | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wing6of8wing of Silver Spring, Maryland USA on 4/7/2018
Journal Entry 1 by wing6of8wing from Silver Spring, Maryland USA on Saturday, April 7, 2018
A book that I recently acquired for the purposes of giving it away.

I first read it a few years back and fell utterly in love. I have given away copies to several people. I have also read quite a few more in the series and shared those with people as well. When I came across this one again recently, I picked it up to share.

This series was a huge favorite of my dear friend and fellow Book-Crosser MaryZee. We swapped different installments at one time. And once, the author was presenting at a Book Festival where we were giving away books and she stopped by to say hello. MaryZee and I were both thrilled to meet her and she was just sweet. Sadly, MaryZee died a few years ago, but whenever I look at one of the books by this author, I remember how much fun it was for the two of us to meet her at Gaithersburg.

Journal Entry 2 by wing6of8wing at Silver Spring, Maryland USA on Saturday, April 7, 2018
Adding this to the Mystery VBB curated by Bookstogive

Journal Entry 3 by wing6of8wing at -- Mail or by hand-rings, RABCK, meetings, Maryland USA on Saturday, September 28, 2019

Released 2 yrs ago (9/27/2019 UTC) at -- Mail or by hand-rings, RABCK, meetings, Maryland USA

This book went off in the mail to the person who selected it from the VBB.

Journal Entry 4 by wingReallyBookishwing at Furlong, Pennsylvania USA on Wednesday, October 2, 2019
Received safely. Thank you so much!

Journal Entry 5 by wingReallyBookishwing at Furlong, Pennsylvania USA on Monday, October 11, 2021
Years ago, I read one of the later books in this series, Crouching Buzzard, Leaping Loon. I enjoyed that one more than this first installment, finding this one more than a little implausible (although that is not unusual for the genre). Still, the first in a series is rarely the best and I would read more of these if they came my way.

Journal Entry 6 by wingReallyBookishwing at Pebble Valley Drive LFL in Doylestown, Pennsylvania USA on Sunday, October 17, 2021

Released 1 mo ago (10/17/2021 UTC) at Pebble Valley Drive LFL in Doylestown, Pennsylvania USA

I hope the finder enjoys the book!