Buffalo Girls

by Larry McMurtry | History | This book has not been rated.
Registered by Tribefan of Wake Forest, North Carolina USA on 4/5/2018
Journal Entry 1 by Tribefan from Wake Forest, North Carolina USA on Thursday, April 05, 2018
Pulitzer Prize-winning author, Larry McMurtry rediscovered the myth of the Old West and gave it new life in books such as LONESOME DOVE and ANYTHING FOR BILLY. McMurtry once again looks to the Old West and brings to life the legendary Calamity Jane in BUFFALO GIRLS.
Calamity Jane is the West -- a larger than life figure, living in her friend Dora's cathouse in Miles City. Grown old and reclusive, she is content remembering the excitement of her past and relating it in letters to her daughter -- until old friend Buffalo Bill Cody and his Wild West Show come to town. Buffalo Bill makes Calamity an offer that she can't refuse -- a chance to relive her glory days.

"Calamity Jane is as real and as moving a heroine as Larry McMurtry has ever created." (Publisher's Source)

Journal Entry 2 by Tribefan at BookObsessed.com, A book trading site -- Controlled Releases on Saturday, May 19, 2018

Released 2 yrs ago (5/19/2018 UTC) at BookObsessed.com, A book trading site -- Controlled Releases

Bookcrossing: n. the practice of leaving a book in a public place to be picked up and read by others, who then do likewise.
- from the Concise Oxford English Dictionary

Welcome to BookCrossing!

Thank you for picking up this book. Please make a journal entry on the BookCrossing site (www.bookcrossing.com) to let me know that this book has found a good home with you. You may choose to remain anonymous or to join (its free). If you join, please consider indicating that you were referred by Tribefan. I hope you enjoy the book. You can make another journal entry with your comments when you’ve finished reading. Whenever you’re ready to send it on its way, make a journal entry if you are giving or sending this book to a known person, or release notes if you are leaving it “in the wild” again for anyone to catch. Then watch its journey. You’ll be alerted by e-mail each time someone makes another journal entry. It’s all confidential (you’re known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your e-mail address), free, and spam-free.

Journal Entry 3 by wingnimrodielwing at Evanston, Illinois USA on Tuesday, April 21, 2020
This never got journaled as getting here! I pulled this book out of the pile of TBR books last week. I got about 50 pages on and realized I had read it before. It looks like my last copy got wild released back in 2004. I enjoyed this reread quite a bit.

Journal Entry 4 by wingnimrodielwing at Little Free Library #85729 in Evanston, Illinois USA on Thursday, September 24, 2020

Released 1 mo ago (9/24/2020 UTC) at Little Free Library #85729 in Evanston, Illinois USA

Left in the little free library