Beyond the Bounty

by Tony Parsons | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by Shahrun of Dagenham, Essex United Kingdom on 3/29/2018
Journal Entry 1 by Shahrun from Dagenham, Essex United Kingdom on Thursday, March 29, 2018
Am loving quick reads at the moment. Picked this up in Waterstones recently I think.

Journal Entry 2 by Shahrun at Dagenham, Essex United Kingdom on Thursday, March 29, 2018
I have heard of the mutiny on the Bounty, but know very little about it. This is a not too bad imagining of the aftermath, from the point of view of the mutineers. The author let it down a bit by repeating himself quite a few times. I would be very interested to find out more (facts) about this incident.

I’m going to look into setting up a Quick Reads Book Box, as I have acquired and read quite a few recently. That’s where this will most likely end up, unless someone requests it in the mean time.

Journal Entry 3 by Shahrun at Dagenham Little Free Library in Dagenham, Essex United Kingdom on Thursday, April 23, 2020

Released 10 mos ago (4/23/2020 UTC) at Dagenham Little Free Library in Dagenham, Essex United Kingdom

If you have picked up a book from here, You may have noticed there is a little hand written note/sticker inside with a unique number and direction to the BookCrossing website. In a nutshell, BookCrossing allows you the reader to become a part of the Books story. You can track the recorded movements of the book and add an opinion on the story. It’s free and you can do it anonymously. But if you join, you will get notified when the next reader journals it. You wouldn’t believe how far some books go!

Journal Entry 4 by Shahrun at Dagenham, Essex United Kingdom on Thursday, May 07, 2020
No takers yet, so I’ve reshuffled the Library and taken this one out for now.

Journal Entry 5 by Shahrun at Dagenham, Essex United Kingdom on Sunday, January 24, 2021

Released 1 mo ago (1/24/2021 UTC) at Dagenham, Essex United Kingdom

This book is off to visit with another BookCrosser. Happy reading!

If you have picked up this book, You may have noticed there is a little hand written note/sticker inside with a unique number and direction to the BookCrossing website. In a nutshell, BookCrossing allows you the reader to become a part of the Books story. You can track the recorded movements of the book and add an opinion on the story. It’s free and you can do it anonymously. But if you join, you will get notified when the next reader journals it. You wouldn’t believe how far some books go!

Journal Entry 6 by 4evagreen at Furness Vale, Derbyshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, January 27, 2021
This book and its accompanying goodies was waiting for me when I got in from work. Thanks for sharing I look forward to reading it.

Journal Entry 7 by 4evagreen at Furness Vale, Derbyshire United Kingdom on Sunday, January 31, 2021
In this book Parson's strongly suggests that it was the sailor's unwillingness to give up the women that they had met in Tahiti was the real motivation for the mutiny rather than Bligh's cruelty. In the aftermath of the revolt the mutineers had an opportunity to start afresh in an idyllic environment but after the death of Fletcher Christian shortly after their arrival the remainder were unable to let go of their past prejudices which ultimately led to unrest and ultimately murder.

Parson's has obviously done his research as parts of this book is based on fact but ultimately it gives a very poor image of human nature. I read this in one go and found it a satisfying if undemanding read.

Journal Entry 8 by 4evagreen at Whaley Bridge, Derbyshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, February 02, 2021

Released 3 wks ago (2/2/2021 UTC) at Whaley Bridge, Derbyshire United Kingdom

Going out as a sort of Brucie Bonus. I hope that you haven't already read it. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 9 by wingdaffodil-2wing at Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on Sunday, February 07, 2021
Received in the post from 4evagreen and just taken out of quarantine. (But I did get my first Covid19 vaccination last week so things are looking up)! Thanks very much for this extra book which looks like fun. (Received with Chocky by John Wyndham). I may pass it to my husband first as his tbr pile is much smaller than mine and being an "old salt, ex Royal Navy, it will probably really appeal to him.

Journal Entry 10 by wingdaffodil-2wing at Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on Saturday, February 13, 2021
My husband has read this book and said he quite enjoyed it having read the original story long ago. He said it was interesting to read the tale from the point of view of the mutineers and a it had a very topical twist at the end."
The book will now go onto my tbr shelves until it will fit into one of Plum's monthly themes.