David Copperfield's Tales of the Impossible

Registered by book_drunkard of Osgood, Indiana USA on 3/22/2018
Journal Entry 1 by book_drunkard from Osgood, Indiana USA on Thursday, March 22, 2018
A collection of eighteen fantasy stories dealing with magic by such individuals as David Copperfield, Ray Bradbury, and Kevin Anderson.

Journal Entry 2 by book_drunkard at Bookbox, By Mail/Post/Courier -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, March 22, 2018

Released 2 yrs ago (3/22/2018 UTC) at Bookbox, By Mail/Post/Courier -- Controlled Releases

Another one of those "I bought it because I forgot I already had it" books.
Sending off to travel in "The Otherworldly" bookbox.

Journal Entry 3 by wingGoryDetailswing at Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Thursday, May 03, 2018
I'm claiming this from the Otherworldly bookbox.

I was attracted by the variety of authors, and I liked the evocative illustrations by Kathie Bleck. Among my favorite stories:

"The Hand-puppet" by Joyce Carol Oates, a creepy-ventriloquist-dummy story with a twist.

F. Paul Wilson's story - the title is a jumble of overlaid letters - deals with a mystical "Answer" that can provide untold riches, but which must be used properly...

"Every Mystery Unexplained" by Lisa Mason, which deals with professional tricksters confronting the possibility of the truly supernatural.

"Just a Little Bug" by P. D. Cacek is an effective little chiller.

Dave Wolverton's "In the Teeth of Glory" is a powerful and thought-provoking look at the end of life, with an interesting variation on what God's purpose might be for the souls of the dead!

Matthew Costello's "The Last Vanish" is among the more directly-magician-related tales, having to do with magic acts that involve making someone vanish - but with a very dark take on just where the "vanished" might go.

Journal Entry 4 by wingGoryDetailswing at Little Free Library, South St. in Milford, New Hampshire USA on Thursday, May 17, 2018

Released 2 yrs ago (5/17/2018 UTC) at Little Free Library, South St. in Milford, New Hampshire USA

I left this book in the Little Free Library; hope someone enjoys it!

[See other recent releases in NH here.]

*** Released for the 2018 Keep Them Moving release challenge. ***