When Katie Met Cassidy

by Camille Perri | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingSpatialwing of Arlington, Virginia USA on 3/20/2018
Journal Entry 1 by wingSpatialwing from Arlington, Virginia USA on Tuesday, March 20, 2018
I purchased from Aurora Hills Branch Library's sale shelf for the express purpose of bookcrossing.

This is an Uncorrected Proof.
On sale June 19th, 2018.

Journal Entry 2 by wingSpatialwing at -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Tuesday, May 01, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (5/1/2018 UTC) at -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

Selected to go into the LGBTQ+ Mini-Bookbox

✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧

Congratulations! You've found a traveling book!
See where I've been and track where I go by creating an account and writing a journal entry for this book.
Wish to remain anonymous? Then no need to create an account, just write a journal entry letting us know where you found the book and review it if you like.

✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧

Journal Entry 3 by wingReallyBookishwing at Horsham, Pennsylvania USA on Friday, May 04, 2018
This one returned home in the LGBTQ+ Mini-Bookbox. Thank you, Spatial! I think I'll read this one before releasing it. Looks intriguing!

Journal Entry 4 by wingReallyBookishwing at Horsham, Pennsylvania USA on Saturday, June 30, 2018
Cute! A frothy little romantic comedy. I would have welcomed a bit more depth, personally, but I like the fact that this lesbian romance will have widespread appeal and potential readership. Just the fact that a mainstream publisher put this out is encouraging to me. And it was entertaining!

At one point I thought this might veer into 7 star territory for me due to Cassidy's womanizing. To my mind, a woman who womanizes is no different or better than a man who does so. But Cassidy redeemed herself in my view and Katie was also flawed in realistic ways (as we all are). Ultimately, the two main characters were imperfect but able to forge a relationship together. So, yay!

Released 1 yr ago (8/27/2018 UTC) at trade, --by post or by hand (ie ring, ray, RABCK, trade) -- Controlled Releases

This is headed out to another BookCrosser as part of a trade. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 6 by Chicvolley99 at Denver, Colorado USA on Friday, September 07, 2018
Received from ReallyBookish. Thank you so much!

This was a cute will they, won't they kind of love story. It was super easy to get through.

It reminds me of the L Word (and no, not just because it's a story about lesbians). Katie was totally the Jenny character, and Cassidy was Shane. The ending is a bit predictable and I feel as if the characters could have been drawn out a bit more to really reach their full potentials.

Journal Entry 7 by Chicvolley99 at Denver, Colorado USA on Sunday, September 30, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (9/30/2018 UTC) at Denver, Colorado USA

Releasing to jmsmom in the Surprise Paperback Bookbox. Please enjoy (or not, should you choose not to keep this book)!

Journal Entry 8 by wingminesaynwing at Huron, Ohio USA on Saturday, October 20, 2018
Chosen from the Surprise Paperback book box. Just glancing through a bit of it, it looks like a love story (and love between the loving partners ought to be celebrated). Looking forward to reading it sometime in the near future.