Tolstoy and the Purple Chair: My Year of Magical Reading

by Nina Sankovitch | Biographies & Memoirs |
ISBN: 0061999857 Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingwaterfallingwing of Raleigh, North Carolina USA on 3/10/2018
Journal Entry 1 by wingwaterfallingwing from Raleigh, North Carolina USA on Saturday, March 10, 2018
trade-size paperback.

from the back cover:
Caught up in grief after the death of her sister, Nina Sankovitch decided to stop running and start reading. For once in her life she would put all other obligations on hold and devote herself to reading a book a day: one year of magical reading in which she found joy, healing, and wisdom.

Touches somewhat on what she was reading but more on what was going on around her while she was reading.

Journal Entry 2 by wingwaterfallingwing at Raleigh, North Carolina USA on Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (5/15/2018 UTC) at Raleigh, North Carolina USA

Sent on as requested for the NonFic VBB.

Journal Entry 3 by rhythmbiscuit at Northglenn, Colorado USA on Monday, May 21, 2018
Thank you for sharing this book. I look forward to reading it.

Journal Entry 4 by rhythmbiscuit at Northglenn, Colorado USA on Friday, April 26, 2019
I was intrigued by the idea of reading a book a day for an entire year, and she has four children! I don’t read that fast, but I would love an entire week devoted to reading, without obligations.

Some parts of this memoir resonated with me. I enjoyed reading about her mother’s Christmas crèche. But overall, I felt the author was heavy-handed with the meaning of it all, the beauty of life, going on living without guilt, etc.

I’m releasing Tolstoy and the Purple Chair at the 2019 BC Convention in Mainz.

Released 9 mos ago (4/26/2019 UTC) at Haus der Jugend - BC Convention 2019 in Mainz, Rheinland-Pfalz Germany

Please enjoy this book, as I have enjoyed this fabulous convention.

Journal Entry 6 by Florence71 at Fontenay-sous-Bois, Ile-de-France France on Tuesday, April 30, 2019
Taken to the book buffet : I can't resist to a book about books !