Hardcore Twenty-Four: A Stephanie Plum Novel

Registered by tobysrus of Cambridge, Massachusetts USA on 3/10/2018
Journal Entry 1 by tobysrus from Cambridge, Massachusetts USA on Saturday, March 10, 2018
I thought it started out slowly and overly formulaic. I was thinking it may be time to stop reading the series, however it did improve. Overall, I enjoyed it. I'm just getting tired of the cars being blown up/destroyed and supernatural characters (i.e., Diesel). Janet Evanovich needs to rethink this series and come up with some newer plots without some of the gimmicks the series has devolved to.

Journal Entry 2 by tobysrus at Cambridge, Massachusetts USA on Saturday, March 10, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (3/10/2018 UTC) at Cambridge, Massachusetts USA

A RABCK going off to a good Bookcrossing friend. Happy reading!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to BookCrossing!

Please make a journal entry to let me know that this book has been caught so I know that it has found a good home with you. If you are new to BookCrossing, when you join please indicate that you were referred by tobysrus. I hope that you enjoy the book. You can make another journal entry with your comments when you are done reading.

I hope that you will enjoy the BookCrossing experience!

PS And if you find yourself liking BookCrossing, Boston has an active group of BookCrossers who meet monthly; the second Tuesday of the month at Panera Bread (1288 Massachusetts Ave., Cambridge - Harvard Square, 2nd floor) 7 PM.

Journal Entry 3 by Dove-i-Libri at Fort Myers, Florida USA on Friday, March 23, 2018
I agree. The supernatural sh -- stuff has got to stop. Hoping Evanovich listens to her fans on this one, or the series will surely sour out for me.

Thank you, Tobysrus for sending Stephanie to visit Florida. It's been a bad stretch for me, and receiving the books in the mail makes me smile a bit.

June 15, 2019: Hi, Tobysrus! Starting this soon, and then being sent to Titi i Libri back home in NY! Thinking of you and hope all is well.

December 20, 2019: I have to agree. It WAS overly formulaic. And, for me, it didn't really get better. I think this WAS the author's attempt at rethinking this series to come up with a newer plot. But, honestly, Diesel needs to stay firmly planted "Between the Numbers" where he belongs. I'm looking forward to the next number, though, to see if it gets back to "normal."

Traveling to the NY/NJ area for a visit w Titi I Libri aka Capricorn103.

Released 2 mos ago (12/23/2019 UTC) at ~~~ ♥ ~~~ My Sister ~~~ ♥ ~~~, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

Released as part of Booklady331's KTM Challenge (Link)

☺ Happy Traveling, Book! ☺