Ryanland

by Philip Nolan | Travel | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingawaywithfairieswing of Sydney, New South Wales Australia on 3/7/2018
Journal Entry 1 by wingawaywithfairieswing from Sydney, New South Wales Australia on Wednesday, March 07, 2018
From Amazon.co.uk:
In this hilarious, no-holds-barred account, journalist Philip Nolan packs his bag (maximum 10kg, please) and takes us on an adventure that is not for the faint-hearted as he flies with Europe 's biggest low-cost airline.

Using Ryanair destinations as a route planner, we grab our boarding passes and fight for the first available seat as we travel with him to towns we've never heard of ( Tampere and Wroclaw , anyone?) and to cities we've always wanted to visit. From watching the pilgrims completing the Camino in Santiago de Compostela to cheering with the fans in Frankfurt during the World Cup, from having his alpha waves channelled at a spa in Austria to a little soul cleansing at the baths at Lourdes, from the all-night party that is Riga to the eerie hush of Beauvais on a slow Monday night, we are treated to a kaleidoscopic snapshot of the quirks and foibles of a continent. Ryanair has opened up Europe 's treasures, and a few complete dumps too, in a way never before possible.

From Biarritz to Blackpool to Bratislava , Pau to Pisa to Porto, Vienna to Valencia to Venice , Philip Nolan completes a whirlwind tour of the continent he calls Ryanland. The journey is whimsical, wistful and laugh-out-loud funny, as we travel on a spellbinding no-frills odyssey.

Released 1 yr ago (3/8/2018 UTC) at Metro Community Book Swap in Marrickville, New South Wales Australia

Left at the book exchange.

Release #13 for the 2018 4 Elements Challenge.
Release #19 for the 2018 Oh, the Places We Can Go Challenge.