The Graveyard Book

by Neil Gaiman | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by dark-draco of Ledbury, Herefordshire United Kingdom on 3/4/2018
Journal Entry 1 by dark-draco from Ledbury, Herefordshire United Kingdom on Sunday, March 04, 2018
This was a good read - not as good as Neverwere, which is the book that I judge all Gaiman's books by, but still enjoyable. I'm not sure that I really understood what the 'Jack of All Trades' really were, or why they were after Bod, but it made a good plot. I too liked the way he interacted with the ghosts and tried to look after the graveyard in his own way - so sad in the last chapter (won't give anything away!). I had to smile at the way Bod would argue with his history teachers and the way he dealt with the school bullies. Overall, an enjoyable read, but not one I would necessarily read again.

Journal Entry 2 by dark-draco at RABCK, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom on Monday, December 10, 2018

Released 11 mos ago (12/10/2018 UTC) at RABCK, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

MERRY CHRISTMAS
Here’s a special box of goodies from one booklover to another. I hope you enjoy reading your books and enjoying the Christmas candy.
HAVE A GREAT FESTIVE SEASON

Journal Entry 3 by stubee at Bury, Lancashire United Kingdom on Wednesday, December 26, 2018
Thanks very much dark-draco for this Christmas present, I can't wait to read this and enjoy some of the goodies you sent my way.

Journal Entry 4 by stubee at Bury, Lancashire United Kingdom on Monday, November 11, 2019
I'm finally getting round to reading this book, I've read the first chapter on my commute this morning and I really enjoyed it.

Journal Entry 5 by stubee at Bury, Lancashire United Kingdom on Wednesday, November 13, 2019
A very entertaining read about a boy called Bod, who lives in a Graveyard with his adoptive parents who happen to be Ghosts and his Guardian and protector Silas. It’s fun, dark, humorous, mystical and fantastical. A must for any Gaiman fan or fan of fantasy fiction.

Thanks again dark-draco for sharing this with me. I'm going to give this to KT-J to read before we plan where it goes next.

Journal Entry 6 by KT-J at Bury, Lancashire United Kingdom on Thursday, November 14, 2019
Thanks Stubee. I've got a couple of books in my next up list then I'll get onto this!