The White Tiger: A Novel

by Aravind Adiga | Other |
Registered by wingsedna5213wing of Charlottenburg, Berlin Germany on 3/4/2018
Journal Entry 1 by wingsedna5213wing from Charlottenburg, Berlin Germany on Sunday, March 04, 2018
Covertext: "Balram Halwai is a complicated man. Servant. Philosopher. Entrepreneur. Murderer. Over the course of seven nights, Balram tells us the terrible and transfixing story of how he came to be a success in life - having nothing but his own wits to help him along. And with a charisma as undeniable as it is unexpected, Balram teaches us that religion doesn't create virtue, and money doesn't solve every problem - but decency can still be found in a corrupt world, and you can get what you want out of life if you eavesdrop on the right conversations."

****

An interesting book for sure!

Journal Entry 2 by wingsedna5213wing at Charlottenburg, Berlin Germany on Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (3/28/2018 UTC) at Charlottenburg, Berlin Germany

The book is now on its way to Canada. Hope you'll enjoy the read!

Journal Entry 3 by wingmcsarwing at Richmond, British Columbia Canada on Wednesday, April 18, 2018
Thank you for offering this for One book a month. I was very lucky last month and this looks like an interesting read. Thank you for the postcards.

Journal Entry 4 by wingmcsarwing at Richmond, British Columbia Canada on Wednesday, May 22, 2019
I loved this one. A totally fascinating and engaging read. I loved the narrative voice. What a character! He admitted he murdered his very kind boss right from the start, but I still could not help but fall for him.

Considering this is the author's debut work, I am very keen to read more.

Released 4 mos ago (8/15/2019 UTC) at Unusual Countries Sweepstake, RABCK Sweepstakes/Drawing -- Controlled Releases

Congratulations on winning. Sorry for taking so long to send. I hope you enjoy this amazing book. I love the narrative voice in this one.

Journal Entry 6 by Wilena at Entraigues, Auvergne France on Tuesday, August 27, 2019
Thanks for this nice choice, I always like to read indian stories. :-)))

Journal Entry 7 by Wilena at Entraigues, Auvergne France on Sunday, September 01, 2019
I really liked this book, which took me back to my Indian years and explained what made me wonder so much at the time: why do they endure that and how do they support those lives?
I really enjoyed the immersion in the driver's psychological evolution, where we follow his path and his changeover, step by step.

A very good surprise, thank you for this discovery. :-)

Journal Entry 8 by Wilena at Δελφοί - Delphi, Fokida Greece on Sunday, October 13, 2019

Released 2 mos ago (10/14/2019 UTC) at Δελφοί - Delphi, Fokida Greece

I proposed the book for the September offer, Delphi-Reader won it, I hope you will like it as much as I did. Have a good reading ! :-)))

Journal Entry 9 by wingDelphi_Readerwing at Δελφοί - Delphi, Fokida Greece on Wednesday, October 23, 2019
Thank you very much, The White Tiger arrived safely in Delphi : )

Journal Entry 10 by wingDelphi_Readerwing at Δελφοί - Delphi, Fokida Greece on Sunday, November 03, 2019
The White Tiger was a quick and interesting book. It took me a couple of chapters to warm up to this, but afterwards I enjoyed a lot this poignant, tragicomic story, written with wit and a bittersweet humor. A clever inspiration from the author to write both an amusing book AND an account of how things work in India, especially for those coming from the "Darkness" .

Thanks once again for sharing : )