Catseye (Dipple, Bk. 1)

by Andre Norton | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by wingGoryDetailswing of Nashua, New Hampshire USA on 2/28/2018
Journal Entry 1 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Wednesday, February 28, 2018
[I found this fair-condition 1984 paperback at a local Savers thrift shop, and nabbed it for another release copy.

I loved this book when I first encountered it, back in the - um, well, a decade long before this one. It's an adventurous tale of a young refugee trying to make it alone in the slums of a new planet; life seems pretty awful to him until he stumbles upon an assortment of telepathic animals and becomes involved in the plots of the great and powerful. The story has elements of fantasy, adventure, suspense, horror, and some dandy dungeon-delving, and of course mind-melding cats are always fun! Then there's the tentative relationship between young Troy and the enigmatic ranger Rerne, which might offer hope of a way out - or is it another trap?

[There's a TV Tropes page on the novel.]

Journal Entry 2 by wingGoryDetailswing at Little Free Library, Oak Hill Trail in Concord, New Hampshire USA on Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (3/1/2018 UTC) at Little Free Library, Oak Hill Trail in Concord, New Hampshire USA

I left this book in the Little Free Library at the Oak Hill trailhead; hope someone enjoys it!

[See other recent releases in NH here.]

*** Released for the 2018 Science Fiction release challenge. ***

*** Released for the 2018 Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes release challenge. ***