The Spark Gap

by Julie Bertagna | Teens |
Registered by sherdnerdess of York, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on 2/24/2018
Journal Entry 1 by sherdnerdess from York, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Saturday, February 24, 2018
Set mostly in Glasgow, the only fantasy element come in right at the end. A young teenager is forced to live with her disappointing mother, so she runs away with a pair of artists to the wilds of Scotland where the ghosts of wronged children haunt the moors.

Released 9 mos ago (2/25/2018 UTC) at Brigantes Bar & Brasserie OBCZ / Meetup Venue in York, North Yorkshire United Kingdom

Leaving on the shelf for B month. It was a bit of a slog and not what I expected from the rest of the boxset.

Journal Entry 3 by TheGreenMan at York, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Sunday, July 01, 2018
Since this has been kicking around for a while now, in order to free up some space on the Brigantes OBCZ Bookshelf, I thought I'd move it on to the Ye Olde Starre Inne OBCZ Bookshelf - where hopefully it'll find a new reader...

Released 4 mos ago (8/13/2018 UTC) at Ye Olde Starre Inne OBCZ Bookshelf in York, North Yorkshire United Kingdom

releasing, as promised...

Journal Entry 5 by YORKTONAM at York, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Sunday, November 11, 2018
I picked the book up in York and was going on a trip to Vietnam so I decided to take it with me a leave it there.
I liked how the author expressed how the three artistic characters found happiness with the none materialistic pleasures in life and how she described that when all of the distractions of daily life are taken away, we look around our every day surroundings and only then do we really begin to see. Also, when the characters had so little and were given the opportunity to try again the things that we all take for granted (bubble baths /choosing a meal from a menu), how they really appreciated them.
A strange twist towards the end of the story, but overall an enjoyable book.