The Memory Keeper's Daughter

by Kim Edwards | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by earthcaroleanne of Falkirk, Scotland United Kingdom on 2/17/2018
Journal Entry 1 by earthcaroleanne from Falkirk, Scotland United Kingdom on Saturday, February 17, 2018
Welcome to BookCrossing!

Thank you for picking up this book. If you’re new to BookCrossing and find this book and this site (www.bookcrossing.com), please make a journal entry to let me know that this book has found a good home with you. You may choose to remain anonymous or to join.

I hope you'll join BookCrossing (doesn't cost anything to join!) and if you do, please consider using me, earthcaroleanne, as your referring member. When you’ve finished reading this book and are ready to send it on its way again, make a journal entry if you are giving or sending this book to a known person, or a release note if you are leaving it “in the wild” again for anyone to catch. Then watch its journey. You’ll be alerted by e mail each time someone makes another journal entry. And it’s confidential (you are known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your e-mail address), free, and spam-free.

Happy BookCrossings!

Journal Entry 2 by earthcaroleanne at Falkirk, Scotland United Kingdom on Saturday, February 17, 2018
It should have been an ordinary birth, the start of an ordinary happy family. But the night Dr David Henry delivers his wife's twins is a night that will haunt five lives forever. For though David's son is a healthy boy, his daughter has Down's syndrome. And, in a shocking act of betrayal whose consequences only time will reveal, he tells his wife their daughter died while secretly entrusting her care to a nurse. As grief quietly tears apart David's family, so a little girl must make her own way in the world as best she can.

Journal Entry 3 by earthcaroleanne at Falkirk, Scotland United Kingdom on Saturday, March 17, 2018
The Memory Keeper's Daughter is an unremarkable read. It's not terrible, but it's not especially good either. Although readable, I was somewhat disappointed by the content of this story and wasn't prepared for the lack of any significant events. It’s a bit too long and drawn out, with not enough drama for me, and as you got near to the end the story just fizzled out.

Journal Entry 4 by earthcaroleanne at Kilburn, Derbyshire United Kingdom on Friday, August 31, 2018

Released 8 mos ago (9/1/2018 UTC) at Kilburn, Derbyshire United Kingdom

Adding to my 10th Bookiversary bookbox.

Journal Entry 5 by wingmrsmontaguewing at Kilburn, Derbyshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, September 12, 2018
Received from earthcaroleanne as part of her 10th BookCrossing anniversary celebrations! Many thanks!

Journal Entry 6 by wingmrsmontaguewing at Royal Derby Hospital in Derby, Derbyshire United Kingdom on Monday, February 04, 2019

Released 3 mos ago (2/4/2019 UTC) at Royal Derby Hospital in Derby, Derbyshire United Kingdom

Welcome to BookCrossing - the act of releasing and catching books and spreading our love of reading! It's addictive, fun and spam free!
- If you can, please register when and where you found this book. Using the BCID number from the BookCrossing label inside the front cover, log on to the site, then follow the instructions to make a brief journal entry. The person who released the book will be happy to know it's in safe hands!
- You can then read it if you wish. We'd be most grateful if you could leave it somewhere else for someone else to find afterwards.
You don't have to sign up to BookCrossing- your entry will just appear as an 'Anonymous Finder'. If you do join: please consider putting me, mrsmontague, as your referring member. Enjoy!