corner corner Maus I : A Survivor's Tale : My Father Bleeds History

Maus I : A Survivor's Tale : My Father Bleeds History
by Art Spiegelman | Graphic Novels
Registered by winghyphen8wing of Honolulu, Hawaii USA on 2/5/2018

status (set by ReallyBookish): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by winghyphen8wing from Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Monday, February 05, 2018

This is not an ordinary book: it's a BookCrossing book! BookCrossing books are world travelers - they like to have adventures and make new friends...and every once in a while they even write home to say what they've been doing.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

From the Central Union Thrift Shop: larger photo here.

Part I: Mid-1930s to Winter 1994

Semi-biographical historical fiction: based on the author's discussions with his father about the senior Spiegelman's experiences under the Nazis.

The first graphic novel to win a Pulitzer Prize (Special Award in Letters, 1992). If someone won't read graphic novels because they're just comics/just for kids, give them Maus to read.

Here's another copy on my BookCrossing shelf.

Journal Entry 2 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Tuesday, February 06, 2018

Released 6 mos ago (2/6/2018 UTC) at Honolulu, Hawaii USA

Headed for Pennsylvania as a RABCK - enjoy!

Sent via media mail
USPS tracking # 9549 0103 8561 8036 1603 73
ETA 2/26/18

Released for Secretariat's 2018 NJABBIC Challenge (wk 5: rodents)...and in memory of oppem for her birthday group.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm so glad you've found this book!

Please take a moment to make a journal entry and let this book's previous readers know that it's safe with you.

If you've ever wondered where your books go after they leave your hands, join BookCrossing and you may find out: you'll be able to follow the further adventures of your books as new readers make journal entries - sometimes from surprisingly far-flung locations.

(Think of it like Where's George for books: a little like geocaching or a treasure hunt - you can follow a registered book's journey every time someone makes a new entry. Some BookCrossers even leave books *in* geocaches!)

BookCrossing: making the whole world a library!

Journal Entry 3 by wingReallyBookishwing at Horsham, Pennsylvania USA on Saturday, February 10, 2018

Received today along with volume two. I can't believe how quickly these got here! Thank you so much, hyphen8!