The Sweetness of Forgetting

by Kristin Harmel | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingNu-Kneeswing of Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on 2/4/2018
Journal Entry 1 by wingNu-Kneeswing from Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Sunday, February 04, 2018
I brought this home from the well-stocked shelves of the red telephone box book exchange/community library in Roecliffe this afternoon when releasing a couple of books there. No apparent reason for choosing it, except that I like to keep books circulating :-)

From Google Overview: "The North Star Bakery has been in Hope's family for generations, the secret recipes passed down from mother to daughter. But at thirty-six and recently divorced, with rebellious daughter Annie and elderly grandmother Rose to care for, Hope is less than enthusiastic about carrying on the family legacy. When the bakery runs into financial trouble and Rose takes a turn for the worse, Hope's delicate balancing act is in danger of crumbling entirely."

Journal Entry 2 by wingNu-Kneeswing at Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Monday, August 27, 2018
A tale of love, trust and survival. Good but rather simplistic - and unmistakably American, even the preteen doesn't belong this side of the Atlantic! And I could have done without all the recipes. What's that all about? It's supposed to be a novel, not a cookery book!

Journal Entry 3 by wingNu-Kneeswing at Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Thursday, August 30, 2018

Released 4 mos ago (8/30/2018 UTC) at Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom

To my friend and neighbour, Blower!

Journal Entry 4 by Blower at Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Monday, December 17, 2018
From my friend and neighbour Nu-Knees.
I picked this up as I needed an easy read. This fit the bill exactly.
It was very predictable and slightly unbelievable. Is it really that easy to find long lost survivors from WW2??
Interesting how Interfaith groups helped during the war and after.
At least I learned something.

Journal Entry 5 by Blower at Park Parade Apartments in Harrogate, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Monday, December 24, 2018

Released 1 mo ago (12/19/2018 UTC) at Park Parade Apartments in Harrogate, North Yorkshire United Kingdom

Left on book swop shelf