corner corner Say Cheese, Medusa! (Myth-O-Mania)

Say Cheese, Medusa! (Myth-O-Mania)
by Kate McMullan | Teens
Registered by wingDelphi_Readerwing of Δελφοί - Delphi, Fokida Greece on 2/4/2018

status (set by book-a-neer): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingDelphi_Readerwing from Δελφοί - Delphi, Fokida Greece on Sunday, February 04, 2018

This book starts its journey with BookCrossing from Delphi, Greece
____________________________________________________________________________

"In Greek mythology, Medusa was a Gorgon - a winged monster with snakes for hair. Anyone who looked at her was instantly turned to stone. But she wasn't born that way. Not even close.
Athena was so jealous of Medusa's beauty that she cursed her. Zeus changed the story to make his son, Perseus, look good.

Hades is here to set the record straight on Perseus, Medusa, and everything in between. "

~~~~~~To the person who found this book:~~~~~~

If you have not already done so, please make a journal entry so we know this book has found a new home. Drop a few lines on where and how you found this book and what you thought of it. You don't need to join BookCrossing and you can remain completely anonymous. However, I encourage you to join so that you can follow this book's future travels. It's fun and free, and your personal information will never be shared or sold.

This book is now yours, and you can keep it if you choose, although I would love you to read and then share it. You can pass it on someone you know or release it once again in the wild, leaving it on a park bench, a phone booth, a hostel lobby...wherever you think it's suitable for the book to continue it's journey. If you pass it along, please make a release note to let others know where you left it.

I hope you enjoy the book!

Journal Entry 2 by wingDelphi_Readerwing at Δελφοί - Delphi, Fokida Greece on Wednesday, February 21, 2018

I was curious for this series and in need of something light, so I picked this book and read it in a leisure afternoon. This is a very twisted re-telling of the Medusa/Perseus myth, narrated from the view point of Hades. Gods and heroes in this book appear to have completely different qualities and characters than we know of, while the ancient world seems too commercial/Americanized.

The book is quite humorous and easy to read and while some points irked me, this is a teen book after all and I'm sure its market segment would find it very good. I enjoyed it and I'm sure others will, but I hope that its readers, especially teenagers, will feel intrigued to learn the proper version of the story and delve deeper into Greek Mythology.

Journal Entry 3 by wingDelphi_Readerwing at Sent by mail, Anniversary RABCK draw -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, May 31, 2018

Released 4 mos ago (5/31/2018 UTC) at Sent by mail, Anniversary RABCK draw -- Controlled Releases

Medusa got itchy feet, so it was about time I let her go to explore the whole wild wide world : )))

This book is now traveling to the other side of the globe, been part of a surpise parcel. I hope you like it...

Thank you for joining my second Bookiversary's celebration draw and Happy BookCrossing!

Journal Entry 4 by book-a-neer at Melbourne, Victoria Australia on Friday, June 08, 2018

Looks like a fun book. Might read it with my 10-year old who likes myths and humour. Perfect combination.

Thanks Delphi_Reader!