corner corner A Second Chance

A Second Chance
by Paula Smith | Literature & Fiction
Registered by winglinguistkriswing of Remscheid, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on 2/4/2018

status (set by linguistkris): available

Journal Entry 1 by winglinguistkriswing from Remscheid, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Sunday, February 04, 2018

From the local Open Bookcase.
Unfortunately, the audio CD seems to be missing, but I don't think it contained anything but a reading of the book.

Journal Entry 2 by winglinguistkriswing at Remscheid, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Friday, May 25, 2018

This was quite a pleasant surprise!
From the title image and the first illustration on the inside, I was rather lead to expect a teenage Herzschmerz story, and that never was a genre I was exactly interested in even when I was a teenager. The first surprise was that our heroine adores Shakespeare (always easy to sympathise with that!) and that, after the first few pages, she isn't characterised as half as awful, capricious and hungry for fame as I had at first feared.
The second surprise -- why, when the story suddenly transformed into my very favourite genre! At first I could only guess, but some genre-defining hints were there ...and then, the last page confirmed my hopes. Well done! I suppose what I've said so far is spoiler enough, but if you enjoy this kind of thing, well, then this little book is quite enjoyable indeed.