Watchman

by Ian Rankin | Mystery & Thrillers | This book has not been rated.
ISBN: 1407220160 Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingLubiettewing of Kallithea - Καλλιθέα, Attica Greece on 2/3/2018
Journal Entry 1 by wingLubiettewing from Kallithea - Καλλιθέα, Attica Greece on Saturday, February 03, 2018
Bombs are exploding in the streets of London, but life seems to have planted more subtle booby-traps for Miles Flint. Miles is a spy. His job is to watch and to listen, then to report back to his superiors, nothing more. The job, affording glimpses into the most private lives of his victims, appeals to Miles. He doesn't lust after promotion, and he doesn't want action. He wants, just for once, not to botch a case.

Journal Entry 2 by wingLubiettewing at Controlled Release, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases on Saturday, February 03, 2018

Released 2 yrs ago (2/3/2018 UTC) at Controlled Release, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases

To the winner or decoy of the Tea and Mystery Sweepstakes round 34.
Congratulations and happy reading !

Journal Entry 3 by bookfrogster at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Saturday, February 10, 2018
Received as part of the tea and mystery sweeps. Bizarrely, although I have read all the Rebus novels, I've never read any of his other thrillers. It'll be interesting to see how they compare. Thanks very much for sending this one to me.

Journal Entry 4 by bookfrogster at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Saturday, February 17, 2018
So this one didn't quite do it for me, but I think this is because I am less interested in spy stories than in regular mystery novels. the style was quite different to the Rebus novels, so it was interesting to read from that perspective. At least I can now say I've read it. Thanks for sharing this one with me Lubiette.

Set free on a tour of the Edinburgh Little Free Libraries with Cassandra2020.