Before the Fall

by Noah Hawley | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wingbooklady331wing of Cape Coral, Florida USA on 4/29/2018
Journal Entry 1 by wingbooklady331wing from Cape Coral, Florida USA on Sunday, April 29, 2018
If you are new to BookCrossing and found this book and this site, Welcome!

Journal Entry 2 by wingbooklady331wing at Cape Coral, Florida USA on Saturday, February 08, 2020
The writing of Before the Fall is of high quality. It is writing that is elegant and appears effortlessness that I feel it must have taken a huge effort to craft.

After a private plane crashes, the truth of what happened on board is eked out in fragments; clues and red herrings buried in exquisitely-rendered life stories of the passengers on board. The book is a drama.

The author added the back stories of the different characters though out the book.
Within the story, Noah Hawley explores the media's (and the public's) obsession with certain news stories. The author makes some observations regarding how 'news' is broadcast and how the media actually makes and controls the news they are feeding to us - often proclaiming that the public has a right to know all the details. My complaint is that Hawley painted the rightwing characters and none of the leftwing characters in a negative light. This bothered me. To me it points out one of his agendas in writing the story.

Some of the characters, I thought were underdeveloped such as Dale and Eleanor. Also, Bill’s connection to the little boy is lacking in depth.

Journal Entry 3 by wingbooklady331wing at Cape Coral, Florida USA on Sunday, February 09, 2020

Released 1 wk ago (2/10/2020 UTC) at Cape Coral, Florida USA

Enjoy! RABCK to DVG

Journal Entry 4 by dvg at Toms River, New Jersey USA on Saturday, February 15, 2020
Ohhhh this looks like a really good book! I am looking forward to starting this one. The author has worked on a few TV series that I have enjoyed: Bones and Fargo. Additionally, booklady's comments have only heightened my expectations. :) Plus it mentions NY. Thank you for sharing this book with me.