The Tattooist of Auschwitz

Books Are Original
by Heaher Morris | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingbooklady331wing of Cape Coral, Florida USA on 12/13/2018
Journal Entry 1 by wingbooklady331wing from Cape Coral, Florida USA on Thursday, December 13, 2018
If you are new to BookCrossing and found this book and this site, Welcome!

Journal Entry 2 by wingbooklady331wing at Cape Coral, Florida USA on Tuesday, March 12, 2019
As I was reading the first few chapters of this book, I was surprised of its written quality. The ending was rushed and I felt there could have been more complexity. While the real lives depicted in this story deserve respect for their survival of such a catastrophic period, the portrayal of the story lacks depth. The author originally wrote this to be a screen play (which I can see) but later decided to publish it as a book. I did love what the son wrote about his mother's words for her husband/his father -- that he has always taken care of me and I know he always will.

This book is based on the real-life experiences of Holocaust survivor Ludwig (Lale) Sokolov. It is amazing how the power of love to took seed in this darkest of places. . In 1942, Lale is rounded up with other Slovakian Jews and sent to Auschwitz. He is given the job of tätowierer, a tattooist. One of these prisoners is a young woman named Gita with whom he falls in love. Lale’s position as the tätowierer gives him privileges but does not shield him from the brutality of the camps. Time and again he risks his life to help his fellow prisoners. The reader cares for Lale because he cares for others.

Reserving for possibly a VBB

Journal Entry 3 by wingbooklady331wing at Cape Coral, Florida USA on Monday, November 11, 2019

Released 1 mo ago (11/12/2019 UTC) at Cape Coral, Florida USA

Enjoy! there is a different cover. RABCK to rubyrebel for The THE Release Challenge 2019

Journal Entry 4 by rubyrebel at Toledo, Ohio USA on Sunday, November 17, 2019
thank you for this book cant wait to read it