Heartsick

Books Are Original
by Chelsea Cain | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wingbooklady331wing of Cape Coral, Florida USA on 7/10/2018
Journal Entry 1 by wingbooklady331wing from Cape Coral, Florida USA on Tuesday, July 10, 2018
(Archie Sheridan & Gretchen Lowell)

If you are new to BookCrossing and found this book and this site, Welcome!

Journal Entry 2 by wingbooklady331wing at Cape Coral, Florida USA on Tuesday, July 09, 2019
This thriller the first in a series by Cain. She puts a spin on a scenario familiar to fans of Thomas Harris's The Silence of the Lambs. It begins when someone starts dumping the bodies of teenage girls around Portland, Ore., after soaking them in tubs of bleach, Archie Sheridan, a police detective who is addicted to pain killers, is invited in to help solve the case. He meets on Sundays with Gretchen Lowell, an imprisoned serial killer who once tortured him. He even has a big scar on his chest was shaped like a heart. Covering the crimes is reporter Susan Ward, a spunky reporter with pink hair and her own issues. Cain tells the story of Archie's imprisonment by Gretchen between the chapters of the the kidnapping and murder of the high school students. I enjoyed the way that the author told Archie's stories during the events of the new mystery. She could have chosen to have had the first book in this series just about Archie's ordeal. This was a much better way. I had read book #2 Sweetheart first as I didn't realize this was a series. I will look for other books in this series. I wish Archie healing and hope he reconnects with his family.

Journal Entry 3 by wingbooklady331wing at Cape Coral, Florida USA on Friday, August 16, 2019

Released 1 yr ago (8/16/2019 UTC) at Cape Coral, Florida USA

Enjoy! RABCK to RNAi for One Word Title Release Challenge 2019

Journal Entry 4 by RNAi at Fairmont, West Virginia USA on Saturday, August 24, 2019
Much thanks to the sweet booklady331 for sending this to me. Waiting for school to slow down so I can start it :)