Homesick for Another World: Stories

by Ottessa Moshfegh | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingGoryDetailswing of Nashua, New Hampshire USA on 1/28/2018
Journal Entry 1 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Sunday, January 28, 2018
I got this softcover at a local thrift shop. (I thought the author's name sounded exotic; turns out she's from New England!) It's a collection of stories, and from the cover I'd hoped for science fiction, but these seemed to be somewhat-aimless tales of characters coping with life in various ways. Some of them were quirky enough to hold my interest for a while, but I seldom found the stories to pay off in a way that satisfied me. One that I did like was "The Beach Boy," a leisurely look at a disintegrating relationship - oddly enough, it reminded me of some of Ray Bradbury's tales of similar couples-on-vacation-annoying-each-other, though I found his prose more enjoyable.

Journal Entry 2 by wingGoryDetailswing at Radisson Hotel in Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Friday, March 16, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (3/16/2018 UTC) at Radisson Hotel in Nashua, New Hampshire USA

I left this book on a bench near the entrance of the hotel on this blustery day; hope someone enjoys it!

[See other recent releases in NH here.]

*** Released for the 2018 Four Elements Release Challenge. ***