corner corner Camino Island

Camino Island
by John Grisham | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by bluezwuzl of Altdorf (Niederbayern), Bayern Germany on 1/26/2018

status (set by bookstogive): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by bluezwuzl from Altdorf (Niederbayern), Bayern Germany on Friday, January 26, 2018

From the backside cover:
"The most daring and devastating heist in literary history targets a high security vault located deep beneath Princeton University.
Valued at $25 million (though some would say priceless), the five manuscripts of Scott Fitzgerald's only novels are among the most valuable in the world - and now they're gone. After an initial flurry of arrests, both they and the ruthless gang of thieves who took them have vanished without trace.
Now it falls to struggling writer Mercer Mann to crack a case that has thwarted the FBI's finest minds."
---
The theft of the priceless Fitzgerald manuscripts and their recovery - an art-theft-crime-story with insight into the world of writing, publishing and promoting books - and into the world of dealing with rare old books.
A routine-job for Grisham but, nevertheless, a nice read for fans of the genre.
On page 253 there is a nice excerpt from one of the characters' "Top Ten Rules for Writing Fiction": "I hate prologues..." - which gives an exact description of the book's build-up... :-)

Journal Entry 2 by bluezwuzl at -- Per Post geschickt/ Persönlich weitergegeben --, Bayern Germany on Sunday, February 04, 2018

Released 8 mos ago (1/16/2018 UTC) at -- Per Post geschickt/ Persönlich weitergegeben --, Bayern Germany

The book now tavels to the winner of the maritime sweepstakes. I hope you'll enjoy reading it!

Journal Entry 3 by wingmcsarwing at Richmond, British Columbia Canada on Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Thank you for the book and all the amazing gifts that come in the parcel. I love them all. I look forward to this novel as I have always enjoyed his works.

-----------------------------
Updated May 24, 2018

A well paced story from John Grisham. He is a great story teller and I enjoy this deviation from his usual legal thrillers.

Journal Entry 4 by wingmcsarwing at Wishlist tag game, RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Friday, June 15, 2018

Released 3 mos ago (6/16/2018 UTC) at Wishlist tag game, RABCK -- Controlled Releases

Going to bookstogive for the US and Canada wishlist tag game. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Journal Entry 5 by wingbookstogivewing at Springville, Tennessee USA on Monday, June 18, 2018

I received this great book as part of the Wishlist Tag Game, thanks so much. I am looking forward to reading it and then passing it on