The Japanese Woman: Traditional Image and Changing Reality

by Sumiko Iwao | History | This book has not been rated.
ISBN: 0674471962 Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingHI77wing of Fort Myers, Florida USA on 1/17/2018
Journal Entry 1 by wingHI77wing from Fort Myers, Florida USA on Wednesday, January 17, 2018
A woman on a tilt a whirl,

where going round is also
going up and down.

Journal Entry 2 by wingHI77wing at Fort Myers, Florida USA on Sunday, January 28, 2018
I was very curious about this book. I've had it for quite some time and finally got around to reading it.

I found it very cohesive and structured. It did a good job of tying three generations of Japanese women together to show where they were like each other and where they've changed and the influences that brought those changes about. It also helps you understand Japanese society as a whole a little better.

The unfortunate thing is that this stops around 1990 when the book was published. So obviously there's another newer generation that isn't accounted for, but I still found it an interesting read. I hope despite it's 80's style cover, it will find new readers. It deserves them. :)

Journal Entry 3 by wingHI77wing at Fort Myers, Florida USA on Sunday, January 28, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (1/22/2018 UTC) at Fort Myers, Florida USA

This lucky little book has become part of the latest Asian Bookbox round! :)

As you can see, this is the perfect book for it, so in it goes to hopefully find some new readers! ;)

Journal Entry 4 by AlterEgoZoe at Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania USA on Tuesday, January 30, 2018
Came home in the far east bookbox.

Journal Entry 5 by AlterEgoZoe at Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania USA on Saturday, February 23, 2019

Released 5 mos ago (2/23/2019 UTC) at Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania USA

Released into the feminism/girl power box

When he looked up again Tas had gone. Rising to join the others, he caught sight of something small and abandoned on the floor. "Tas you forgot your pipe." He picked it up and then saw words carved into the wood he had not seen before. Find the music, find the magic.
"Did you carve this?"
Tas did not turn. "Yes," he said, reluctantly. "I have to leave it."
"But, Tas, why?"
Tas squared his shoulders as though firming some resolve. But still he did not turn. "Because the shepherd said that it could only be used once. Thats why I can't get the pipe to play that song-or any song. I've used the magic." He took a deep breath and went on. "And he said that once I found the magic I had the pass the pipe on." he paused and then he did turn, a scamp's humor in his long brown eyes. "It's going to be a long winter. I'm going to leave it here for someone else to find."
"Snowsong" by Nancy Varian Berberick

Found a book? Find the magic! Welcome to BookCrossing!! If you are already a member, "Hello!", if you have only just found this lovely site, welcome!

Congratulations on finding a released BookCrossing book! You can now register on the site, if you want to. It's free to register, but of course you can remain anon. It's up to you!

If you do decide to join, please add me as your referring member, AlterEgoZoe. Thanks!

Most of all, enjoy the book, and enjoy BookCrossing!

Journal Entry 6 by Chicvolley99 at Denver, Colorado USA on Thursday, May 23, 2019
Received back from my Feminism / Girl Power Bookbox

Released 1 mo ago (6/25/2019 UTC) at Little Free Library #12306 - 12th Ave. and Lincoln St. in Denver, Colorado USA

Released at the Little Free Library located at 12th and Lincoln. Please enjoy!