corner corner Tall Tales

Tall Tales
by Al Jaffee | Humor
Registered by wingGoryDetailswing of Nashua, New Hampshire USA on 1/17/2018

status (set by TakeItLeaveIt): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Wednesday, January 17, 2018

I got this hardcover at a local Savers thrift shop. It contains a number of Jaffee's trademark wordless cartoons, and is very amusing! I especially liked the one where the tile-layers, working from opposite ends of a long hall, get to the last row only to realize they've got the pattern wrong. And then there's the mother kangaroo, shivering in a downpour - while her joey bails out the pouch!

There's an introduction by Stephen Colbert, a nice bonus.

Journal Entry 2 by wingGoryDetailswing at Pond Parish Town Forest in Amherst, New Hampshire USA on Friday, January 19, 2018

Released 1 mo ago (1/19/2018 UTC) at Pond Parish Town Forest in Amherst, New Hampshire USA

I left this book, bagged against the elements, near the information board at the Pond Parish Road trailhead while geocaching in the area. Hope the finder enjoys the book!

[See other recent releases in NH here.]

*** Released for the 2018 Clean Start release challenge. ***

Journal Entry 3 by TakeItLeaveIt at Amherst, New Hampshire USA on Saturday, February 24, 2018

We found this book while hiking at the town trail in Amherst NH. What a neat idea. Great for a few laughs and we are looking forward to tracking the book to wherever it travels. Our favorite pages are 10&11!