Life in a Victorian Workhouse

by Peter Higginbotham | History |
Registered by dolph1n of Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom on 1/13/2018
Journal Entry 1 by dolph1n from Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom on Saturday, January 13, 2018
This is a very interesting and informative book. It gives a good idea of what life in the workhouse was like. The intentions were good, it's a shame it didn't work out better.

Journal Entry 2 by dolph1n at Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom on Saturday, January 13, 2018

Released 10 mos ago (1/15/2018 UTC) at Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom

Sending as a RABCK

Journal Entry 3 by wingjax987654321wing at Ealing, Greater London United Kingdom on Sunday, January 21, 2018
I was interested in this book because I recently met a 98 year old man who had been brought up in a workhouse. He was the child of an unwed mother and she had an offer of marriage however on the condition the child didn't come with her. She probably did'nt have a lot of choice in those days (1918)
Interested to read more having read "shadows of the work house"

Journal Entry 4 by wingjax987654321wing at Ealing, Greater London United Kingdom on Saturday, January 27, 2018
well written informative book. I enjoyed it. I am glad we treat our poor better now

Released 8 mos ago (3/24/2018 UTC) at Little Free Library - Aubrey Road in Walthamstow, Greater London United Kingdom

left in a little small library in the area. Not sure if it was this one