Olympians: Poseidon: Earth Shaker

by George O'Connor | Graphic Novels |
Registered by wingGoryDetailswing of Nashua, New Hampshire USA on 1/12/2018
Journal Entry 1 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Friday, January 12, 2018
I've enjoyed others in O'Connor's "Olympians" series, including Hades, and picked up several more from Barnes and Noble. This one deals with Poseidon, including some of the best-known legends in which he's a factor: for one, the tale of Odysseus and the cyclops Polyphemos, who happened to be a son of Poseidon... While Odysseus acted in defense of himself and his men, Poseidon wasn't pleased with the result!

Then there's the legend of the Minotaur, in whose begetting Poseidon was involved - this version holds considerable sympathy for the poor Minotaur, who was the least guilty of all the characters in that bloody tale.

A running theme here, as Poseidon himself states often: "My children have always tended to be monstrous." This applies even to the ones who don't look like monsters...

The author's "G(r)eek Notes" at the end are informative and entertaining. Another fine entry in this series!

[The TV Tropes page on the Olympians has some entertaining tidbits.]

Released 9 mos ago (3/2/2018 UTC) at Little Free Library, Bowers School in Manchester, Connecticut USA

I left this book in this Little Free Library; hope someone enjoys it!

[See other recent releases in CT here.]

*** Released for the 2018 Oh the Places We Can Go release challenge. ***