corner corner How Shall I Tell the Dog?: And Other Final Musings

How Shall I Tell the Dog?: And Other Final Musings
by Miles Kington | Biographies & Memoirs
Registered by wingGoryDetailswing of Nashua, New Hampshire USA on 1/9/2018

status (set by GoryDetails): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Tuesday, January 09, 2018

I got this ex-library hardcover from Better World Books. It's a collection of musings on the end of life, framed as letters from the author to his agent, and inspired by the author's diagnosis of terminal pancreatic cancer. He discusses ways to use the situation for a book deal (!), the checklists of things to do before the end, comments about others who've faced terminal illnesses, blunt questions about suicide, and hilarious bits such as practicing his yodeling while out walking and getting tapped to join in a local production of "William Tell"... Funny, bittersweet, sometimes quite grim - a realistic approach to the situation, I think.

Journal Entry 2 by wingGoryDetailswing at Research Place (see notes) in North Chelmsford, Massachusetts USA on Friday, February 02, 2018

Released 4 mos ago (2/2/2018 UTC) at Research Place (see notes) in North Chelmsford, Massachusetts USA

I left this book on a bench outside the Lowell General Hospital's North Chelmsford branch on this chilly afternoon; hope someone enjoys it!

[See other recent releases in MA here.]

*** Released for the 2018 Asian Zodiac Year of the Dog release challenge. ***