The Amazing Mrs. Pollifax

by Dorothy Gilman | Mystery & Thrillers | This book has not been rated.
ISBN: 0449209121 Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingPyryJerewing of Kittilä, Lappi / Lappland Finland on 1/6/2018
Journal Entry 1 by wingPyryJerewing from Kittilä, Lappi / Lappland Finland on Saturday, January 06, 2018
"When Emily Pollifax answered the phone that Sunday morning she wuickly forgot about her Garden Club tea in the afternoon.

Journal Entry 2 by wingPyryJerewing at by mail, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Sunday, February 18, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (3/5/2018 UTC) at by mail, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

Read and Release at BookCrossing.com...

Lähteekin jo 26.2.

Journal Entry 3 by wingAnneliswing at Kerava, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Saturday, March 03, 2018
Thank you very much for the wishlist book, PyryJere!
Your wishlist is far too short, I must say. I have no book you mentioned there.
Have a nice winter and spring!

This is number 2 in the series. I must remember to send this to Chania, who read the first book earlier.

Journal Entry 4 by wingAnneliswing at Kerava, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Sunday, March 11, 2018
I read first The Unexpected Mrs. Pollifax which Chania sent me and now this second book in the series. I still can't understand how somebody would put her or his life in danger because of CIA which to me is rather like a bunch of bad guys. Otherwise I like the book very much. This time Mrs Pollifax is sent to Istanbul, but she does not see much of the city before she is taken somewhere further in Turkey. It might well be that in the 1960s Turkey was more friendly towards unfidel tourists than it is today.

Journal Entry 5 by wingAnneliswing at Kerava, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Friday, March 30, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (3/30/2018 UTC) at Kerava, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

Mrs Pollifax travels back towards North. You liked the first book in the series, Chania. Maybe you'll like this one too.

Happy reading!

Book #44 in the 2018 Keep Them Moving -challence by Booklady331

Journal Entry 6 by Chania at Kokkola, Keski-Pohjanmaa / Mellersta Österbotten Finland on Saturday, April 07, 2018
Thank you, what a nice surprise, I surely like to go on with the series!

Journal Entry 7 by Chania at Kokkola, Keski-Pohjanmaa / Mellersta Österbotten Finland on Friday, November 02, 2018
Very entertaining - and not very believable.. but I enjoyed this a lot!

Journal Entry 8 by Chania at Kokkola, Keski-Pohjanmaa / Mellersta Österbotten Finland on Thursday, January 10, 2019
Travelling to Kirjakko next - these are kind of charming books!

Journal Entry 9 by wingkirjakkowing at Sipoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Wednesday, January 16, 2019
Chania is slimming and so is her bookshelf. I should do the same, we will have a putkiremontti in our house in the autumn and some serious Kon-Mari-ing is needed before that.
I liked the first Mrs Pollifax, she reminds me of the TV-series MacGyver, very resorceful at the time of emergency.