The Snow Queen

by H. C. Andersen | Audiobooks |
Registered by wingRoseOfDarknesswing of Baruth/Mark, Brandenburg Germany on 12/30/2017
Journal Entry 1 by wingRoseOfDarknesswing from Baruth/Mark, Brandenburg Germany on Saturday, December 30, 2017
A retelling of Hans Christian Andersen's classic fairy tale about the wicked Snow Queen's attempt to kidnap a boy in the frozen north. Beautifully and atmospherically illustrated by Alan Marks, winner of the Carnegie Medal. Part of Young Reading Series 2 for readers growing in confidence. The audio CD includes a dramatic listen-along recording with music and sound effects, followed by a read-along version with prompts for page turns.

“If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.”
― Haruki Murakami, Norwegian Wood

Journal Entry 2 by wingRoseOfDarknesswing at Baruth/Mark, Brandenburg Germany on Friday, November 02, 2018
Convention Mainz 2019

Released 10 mos ago (4/26/2019 UTC) at Haus der Jugend - BC Convention 2019 in Mainz, Rheinland-Pfalz Germany

Gute Reise. Happy travelling. Bon voyage.

"In the beginning I was just giving books away. I got a new book, I gave away an old one. I always keep just seven. But then I began to find that others were leaving books where I had left mine and I thought, these are for me. So now I replenish my librarywith the random gifts of unknown strangers and I never know what I will read next."
- Salman Rushdie

Journal Entry 4 by wingZa-idawing at Mainz, Rheinland-Pfalz Germany on Sunday, April 28, 2019
I took that book from the book buffet during the Convention in Mainz.

Thank you so much for this nice book!

Journal Entry 5 by wingZa-idawing at Bielefeld, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Saturday, December 28, 2019
Today was a sunny day, almost like a day in spring. No snow in december so I read „The Snow Queen“ 😆

What a lovely story!

Of course I knew it before but I like to read it again and again. A very unusually female protagonist who undertakes a dramatic rescue of her little (boy)friend from the clutches of the snowqueen. A wonderful classic that I enjoyed re-reading.

The drawings are nice as well. And I enjoyed the audio book as well :-)

Journal Entry 6 by wingZa-idawing at Bielefeld, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Sunday, January 19, 2020

Released 1 mo ago (1/20/2020 UTC) at Bielefeld, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany

A book for Lire.

animiertes-herz-mit-gesicht-bild-0041

Journal Entry 7 by wingLirewing at Aachen, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Wednesday, January 22, 2020
Da das Buch eh im "deutschsprachigen Kreislauf" bleibt, schreibe ich auf Deutsch:
Danke, liebe Za-ida, fürs An-Mich-Denken! Ich werde es lesen und dann für meine "Nach Weihnachten ist vor Weihnachten"-Box nehmen.

Rosenmontag 2020:
Es ist ein solch scheußliches Wetter heute, dass ich nicht zum Zug gegangen bin, sondern es mir in meinem Lesesessel gemütlich gemacht und dieses Buch gelesen habe. Es hat mir gut gefallen, trotz der gekürzten und unlogischen Stellen. Am besten fand ich: the Finn woman who scribbled a message on a dried fish 😂