Inkheart

by Cornelia Funke | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
ISBN: 1904442218 Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingdark-dracowing of Ledbury, Herefordshire United Kingdom on 12/30/2017
Journal Entry 1 by wingdark-dracowing from Ledbury, Herefordshire United Kingdom on Saturday, December 30, 2017
I really, really wanted to love this. I love the film adaptation, with the lovely Paul Bettany and Brendon Fraser, so wanted this book to be as goof. But sadly, I never quite fell in love with it.

That said, it is still a fantastic read. As an avid reader, you can't help but wonder what would happen if you could read characters and things out of books - although as I read a lot of horror and sci-fi, maybe that wouldn't be such a great thing to happen! And if you had to sacrifice something from this world? Maybe, if you got to choose who you sent where!

But this is a good story, full of flawed heroes and nastier-than-nasty villains. Capricorn is a wonderful character - there's no real reason for his nasty - he's just evil. I kind of like that. But the other characters felt a little flat to me, maybe just because I loved them all so much in the film that they didn't quite live up to them same.

That said, I will definitely be tracking down the sequels, as I'd love to see where the story goes from here.

Journal Entry 2 by wingdark-dracowing at RABCK, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom on Monday, November 26, 2018

Released 1 wk ago (12/3/2018 UTC) at RABCK, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

MERRY CHRISTMAS
Here’s a special box of goodies from one booklover to another. I hope you enjoy reading your books and enjoying the Christmas candy.
HAVE A GREAT FESTIVE SEASON

Journal Entry 3 by Shahrun at Dagenham, Essex United Kingdom on Friday, December 07, 2018
Thank you so much for my amazingly Xmas Extravaganza RABCK package, containing amongst other things, this book from my Wish List. I shall do my best to get it read and moving again as soon as I can.