The Snow Angel

by Lulu Taylor | Women's Fiction |
Registered by Ythan of Ellon, Scotland United Kingdom on 12/28/2017
Journal Entry 1 by Ythan from Ellon, Scotland United Kingdom on Thursday, December 28, 2017
Synopsis:

Cressida Fellbridge is living the high life as a debutante in 1960s London society when she is courted by a friend of her brother's and is set to marry. To mark the occasion, her father decrees that she must have her portrait painted. But as soon as Cressie meets the painter Ralph Few, she knows her life will never be the same again. She falls deeply in love with Ralph, but he is still married to Catherine. As Cressie is drawn into a strange, triangular relationship, Catherine's behaviour becomes increasingly erratic, so Ralph and Cressie escape to Cressie's family home in Cumbria. But Catherine will not give up Ralph that easily...

In the present day, Emily Conway has everything she could wish for: a huge house, two beautiful children and a successful husband, Will. But as they drive to a party one night, Will reveals that he has been betrayed by his business partner. And then, in one shocking move, their perfect life together ends. When Emily wakes from her injuries, she is told of a mysterious legacy: a house in Cumbria, left to her by a woman she has never met. Could this be the chance to start anew? Or does this house have more secrets than answers?

Journal Entry 2 by Ythan at Ellon, Scotland United Kingdom on Thursday, January 21, 2021
Easy reading style but there were just a few too many dramatic twists and turns in this story for my liking. Most definitely not the fluffy snow read I thought it was going to be. I preferred Cressida's story over Emily's one.

I picked this book for some seasonal reading when the first snowfall of 2021 arrived on the 8th of January.

Journal Entry 3 by Ythan at Ellon, Scotland United Kingdom on Friday, April 02, 2021
Book 68 of 87, 87 books for 87 years.

In memory of my gran (Ena).

4.7.1920 - 22.12.2007.

Always in our hearts.

Journal Entry 4 by Ythan at RABCK, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom on Friday, April 02, 2021

Released 2 wks ago (4/2/2021 UTC) at RABCK, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

This book was my February Offer in the One Book A Month 2021, now on its way to France.

Journal Entry 5 by wingFlorence71wing at Fontenay-sous-Bois, Ile-de-France France on Thursday, April 08, 2021
Well received today, thanks Ythan !