Strange Events of Ontario: Chilling Tales of Phantoms, Curses, and Hauntings (Amazing Stories)

by Andrew Hind, Maria da Silva | Horror | This book has not been rated.
Registered by JessicaEby of Cambridge, Ontario Canada on 12/27/2017
Journal Entry 1 by JessicaEby from Cambridge, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, December 27, 2017
I bought this book at a charity shop in my neighbouring city of Brantford, ON.

My husband picked it out for me, and I thought it looked interesting from the bit on the back. I tend to scare easily, which is not so great for reading this kind of book... but I'm still excited about it. I'll hope for the best!

In celebration of the sesquicentennial, I have dedicated my 2017 bookcrossing activity to the reading and sharing of Canadian stories. I am registering this book as part of my Canada 150 project.

A quick search has shown me that this is the only copy of this book registered on bookcrossing-- cool :)

Journal Entry 2 by JessicaEby at Cambridge, Ontario Canada on Monday, April 16, 2018
I have been reading this book bit by bit and I finished it up this weekend while snow (well, ice storm) bound. It was kind of creepy sometimes... maybe it was because I dragged it out over months, or maybe it was because most of the stories took place a really long time ago and life here in ON has changed so much since then, but one way or another it didn't scare me as much as I was concerned that it might.

I'm not sure exactly when/where I will leave this book, certainly its subject matter offers me a few options in terms of places relevant to the book. I am leaning towards Niagara Falls right now because it's somewhere I go fairly often, with a lot of people around all the time, and the story of the Maid of the Mist is in the book. We'll see!

Released 1 yr ago (7/8/2018 UTC) at Hornblower Niagara Cruises (aka, Maid of the Mist) in Niagara Falls, Ontario Canada

We are in town this weekend to celebrate our 4th wedding anniversary and kick off the 5th year of our marriage! We went down to the falls to see some anniversary fireworks tonight, and I released this book during the show. We stood on the rocks in front of the Hornblower ticket wickets to watch the fireworks, and I left this book (in a protective bag) hanging from the railing on the rocks where we stood.

If you've found this book, thanks for picking it up and checking out its journal! If you're new to bookcrossing, welcome. We'd love it if you'd stick around with us a while. I really hope that you enjoy both this book and the whole bookcrossing experience!

This book was released as part of a couple of Release Challenges here on Bookcrossing-- it was my last release for the 2018 "Canada Days" Release Challenge, and it was also part of the 2018 "52 Towns in 52 Weeks" Release Challenge (Niagara Falls was Town #28 for me)!