The Crazy Writers Group: Glory Days of Dreamers, Misfits and Others

by Mike Reuther | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingminesaynwing of Huron, Ohio USA on 12/23/2017
Journal Entry 1 by wingminesaynwing from Huron, Ohio USA on Saturday, December 23, 2017
Given to me by another bookcrosser, DeniseJeanLuc.

Members of the The Crazy Writers Group gather on Tuesday nights in a local watering hole to bemoan their fates as unpublished authors.

Journal Entry 2 by wingminesaynwing at Huron, Ohio USA on Thursday, June 18, 2020
E-publishing vs. traditional publishing (with agents and all) is the main focus of this novel about a group of writers, who meet at the bar every Tuesday night to discuss their WIP (works-in-progress). Calling themselves the Crazy Writers Group, the three men and one woman, mostly debate the advantages of both e-publishing and going the traditional route.

The story is told from the perspective of William Keister, a newspaper employee . He is against the idea of e-publishing despite the fact that he has completed several books that are languishing on his hard drive/desk drawer.

One of his writer friends, Steven, decides to go the e-publishing route and does phenomenally well (more than most books I have known especially if self-published), but when the sales wane, the group of friends takes a road trip west much like Kerouac and his friends did.

Cute story if a bit unrealistic all the way around (especially the time it took the group to go from Pittsburgh, PA to east Texas even while exceeding the speed limit); lots of typos in the first half and could have used a bit more editing, punctuation-wise throughout the whole book. The lack of commas drove this reader crazy.

Journal Entry 3 by wingminesaynwing at Sugar Land, Texas USA on Friday, June 19, 2020

Released 10 mos ago (6/19/2020 UTC) at Sugar Land, Texas USA

"No two persons ever read the same book."--Edmund Wilson

Sharing this book with the wider world--enjoy!
I have either registered it, or received it from another person who is willing to share it, too. Consider logging onto www.bookcrossing.com and letting us know where it is been and where it is going next. It can be done anonymously or join the site as a member.

Included in this ARC giveaway box...hope you find something to your liking. Happy travels little book.

Journal Entry 4 by wingReadertoowing at Sugar Land, Texas USA on Friday, September 18, 2020
I received this as an ARC from minesayn. I am looking forward to reading this. Thank you for sharing your book with me!

Journal Entry 5 by wingReadertoowing at Richmond, Texas USA on Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Released 6 mos ago (10/15/2020 UTC) at Richmond, Texas USA

I will be donating this to the Cambridge Square Senior Apartments new library. I hope you enjoy it!