Dead, The (Penguin 60s)

by James Joyce | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
ISBN: 014600082X Global Overview for this book
Registered by winghyphen8wing of Honolulu, Hawaii USA on 12/23/2017
Journal Entry 1 by winghyphen8wing from Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Saturday, December 23, 2017
This is not an ordinary book: it's a BookCrossing book! BookCrossing books are world travelers - they like to have adventures and make new friends...and every once in a while they even write home to say what they've been doing.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I love the format of the Penguin 60s but the truth is a lot of them fall into the "I should probably read that" category rather than the "I actually want to read that" category. This is one of those, so I'll be letting it go soon.

As far as I can tell, this cover is not as faded as it looks: it's really meant to be that gray and snowy (fits the text).

Other Penguin 60s titles on my BC shelf:

To Build a Fire by Jack London
The Wife of Bath by Geoffrey Chaucer
Young Goodman Brown by Nathaniel Hawthorne
Youth by Joseph Conrad

Released 1 yr ago (12/23/2017 UTC) at Little Free Library #48023 - Kaimuki (12th near Alohea) in Honolulu, Hawaii USA

Saturday, December 23, 2017: left in the LFL for someone else to enjoy.

(Larger photo here.)

Released for Secretariat's 2017 Never Judge a Book By Its Cover Challenge (week 51: wintry weather) and my D for December challenge.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm so glad you've found this book!

Please take a moment to make a journal entry and let this book's previous readers know that it's safe with you.

If you've ever wondered where your books go after they leave your hands, join BookCrossing and you may find out: you'll be able to follow the further adventures of your books as new readers make journal entries - sometimes from surprisingly far-flung locations.

(Think of it like Where's George for books: a little like geocaching or a treasure hunt - you can follow a registered book's journey every time someone makes a new entry. Some BookCrossers even leave books *in* geocaches!)

BookCrossing: making the whole world a library!