Blood on My Hands: A Surgeon At War

by Craig Jurisevic | Biographies & Memoirs | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingxtrdnrywing of Parkdale, Victoria Australia on 12/18/2017
Journal Entry 1 by wingxtrdnrywing from Parkdale, Victoria Australia on Monday, December 18, 2017
The year is 1999, and a fresh hell is being created before our eyes. It is hardly to be credited that the enlightened nations of Europe are allowing this nightmare to occur only sixty minutes by jet from Paris and London. The forces of Serbian strongman Slobodan Milosevic have swept into Kosovo on the Balkan Peninsula leaving a trail of death and heartbreak. Scenes of Milosevic’s ‘ethnic cleansing’ play out on television screens all over the world; haunted figures huddled behind barbed wire fences, bodies heaped in ditches.

Adelaide surgeon Craig Jurisevic recalls his grandfather’s ordeal in a Nazi concentration camp and resolves to honour his memory by offering his skills as a surgeon to the victims of the conflict. Leaving behind a wife and son, Jurisevic flies to the Balkans under the auspices of the International Medical Corps. Struggling to maintain his moral bearings, Jurisevic’s journey from Adelaide to the hell of Kosovo has become a descent into the heart of darkness. Blood on My Hands, co-written with award-winning author Robert Hillman, tells a story of terrible suffering, of extraordinary heroism, and of the savagery that lies coiled in the human heart.

Journal Entry 2 by wingxtrdnrywing at Queen Street Rescue in Melbourne CBD, Victoria Australia on Monday, July 09, 2018

Released 2 yrs ago (7/13/2018 UTC) at Queen Street Rescue in Melbourne CBD, Victoria Australia

Leaving on the bookshelf.

Journal Entry 3 by AnonymousFriend at Melbourne CBD, Victoria Australia on Thursday, January 30, 2020
Found this when I left some books.
It sounds an amazing story of actual events.

Journal Entry 4 by AnonymousFriend at Wantirna South, Victoria Australia on Monday, April 27, 2020
I didn't read it but my husband did and found it amazing but gruesome. He has requested something lighter from my stash.

Journal Entry 5 by AnonymousFriend at Two Doors Cafe in Templestowe, Victoria Australia on Friday, October 23, 2020

Released 1 mo ago (10/26/2020 UTC) at Two Doors Cafe in Templestowe, Victoria Australia

Release #79 for 2020 ...

Journal Entry 6 by wingmarmee463wing at Templestowe, Victoria Australia on Tuesday, October 27, 2020
Caught today.