The Horse Dancer

by Jojo Moyes | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by chrissini of Graz, Steiermark Austria on 12/10/2017
Journal Entry 1 by chrissini from Graz, Steiermark Austria on Sunday, December 10, 2017
In a hidden corner of London, Henri Lachapelle is teaching his granddaughter and her horse to defy gravity, just as he had done in France, fifty years previously. But when disaster strikes, fourteen-year-old Sarah is left to fend for herself.

Forced to share a house with her charismatic ex-husband, her professional judgement called into question, lawyer Natasha Macauley's life seems to have gone awry. When her path crosses that of Sarah, she sees a chance to put things right.

But she doesn't know that Sarah is keeping a secret, one that will change all their lives forever . . .

I was so thrilled to find this book at a book fair. I had wanted to read it myself since like forever and in addition to that it's on many wishlists. Aaaaand I already know who it will go to... ;)

Journal Entry 2 by chrissini at Graz, Steiermark Austria on Monday, December 11, 2017

Released 6 yrs ago (12/11/2017 UTC) at Graz, Steiermark Austria

The book is travelling as a little Christmas surprise to a lovely fellow BookCrosser.... Hope it will be a good surprise :)

Journal Entry 3 by wingFlorence71wing at Fontenay-sous-Bois, Ile-de-France France on Saturday, December 16, 2017
Whaou ! A surprise book from my wishlist. Jojo Moyes is one of my favorite writer ! Thank you very much Chrissini !

Journal Entry 4 by wingFlorence71wing at Fontenay-sous-Bois, Ile-de-France France on Saturday, April 9, 2022
As I have bought it in french version, I've offered this one "One book a month" for March 2022. Wins by Camperfan.

Journal Entry 5 by wingFlorence71wing at Fontenay-sous-Bois, Ile-de-France France on Saturday, April 9, 2022

Released 2 yrs ago (4/9/2022 UTC) at Fontenay-sous-Bois, Ile-de-France France

Happy reading Camperfan !

Journal Entry 6 by wingCamperfanwing at Ruurlo, Gelderland Netherlands on Wednesday, April 13, 2022
And today in my mailbox The Horse Dancer, thank you Florence71 for sending it to me. And for the cute bookmark and card. I'll let you know what I think of it.

Journal Entry 7 by wingCamperfanwing at Breukelen, Utrecht Netherlands on Tuesday, January 17, 2023
It took a bit of getting into as the story is about a world totally unknown to me, but as it went on I really enjoyed it. The end was a bit predictable but after all it is JoJo Moyes.
I'm now passing it on to my daughter.

Journal Entry 8 by wingCamperfanwing at 'tHeycop in Breukelen, Utrecht Netherlands on Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Released 1 yr ago (1/17/2023 UTC) at 'tHeycop in Breukelen, Utrecht Netherlands

Read and Release at BookCrossing.com...

To my daughter, happy reading :-)

Journal Entry 9 by wingCamperfanwing at Breukelen, Utrecht Netherlands on Sunday, May 26, 2024
Today my daughter gave the book back to me, so I'm putting it in my favorite LFL.

Released 3 wks ago (5/26/2024 UTC) at Minibieb Beatrixstraat Breukelen in Breukelen, Utrecht Netherlands

Read and Release at BookCrossing.com...

Happy travels book, do let us know how you get on.