The Invention of Wings

by Sue Monk Kidd | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingNancyNovawing of Lansdale, Pennsylvania USA on 12/10/2017
Journal Entry 1 by wingNancyNovawing from Lansdale, Pennsylvania USA on Sunday, December 10, 2017
from the TLC book sale.
Notes from my copy: rabck from mdm139; read for bookclub, in addition to a "cliff notes" type summary, which really helped. The book is inspired by Sarah Grimke, a historical abolishinist figure from Charleston. On her 11th birthday, Sarah is given the gift of her own slave by her parents. The slave, Handful, is a year younger than Sarah and the story follows both of their lives, as each tries to find their way in the Southern world, in the 1800's, right on the cusp of the civil war.

Journal Entry 2 by wingNancyNovawing at ~ RABCK ~, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Saturday, December 16, 2017

Released 1 yr ago (12/26/2017 UTC) at ~ RABCK ~, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

A wishlist book! Enjoy

Journal Entry 3 by glory-to-glory at El Dorado, Arkansas USA on Wednesday, January 03, 2018
This book on my wish list arrived in today's mail! Thank you so much, NancyNova!

This book is a remarkable read. I hope the next reader gets as much out of it as I did.

Releasing at the Red Phone Booth/Book Exchange in Union Square, Downtown El Dorado, AR.