The Rains: A Novel (The Rains Brothers)

by Gregg Hurwitz | Teens |
Registered by wingGoryDetailswing of Nashua, New Hampshire USA on 12/9/2017
Journal Entry 1 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Saturday, December 09, 2017
I got this softcover at Barnes and Noble. The premise is that people over 18 years of age turn into inhuman, zombie-like beings, leaving the younger folk to try to survive. (There's an audiobook version read by voice-actor Todd Haberkorn, a voice-actor whose work I've enjoyed.)

Later: The setup here was good, but once the story got rolling I found that I lost interest; while the alien-colonization-meets-zombie-apocalypse ideas were good, the execution didn't hold my attention. I skimmed to the end to see if it picked up at all, and wasn't hooked, though I did learn that there's a sequel, so at least some of these characters probably survive {wry grin}.

Journal Entry 2 by wingGoryDetailswing at Little Free Library, Washington St in Keene, New Hampshire USA on Monday, March 19, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (3/20/2018 UTC) at Little Free Library, Washington St in Keene, New Hampshire USA

I left this in the Little Free Library; hope someone enjoys it!

[See other recent releases in NH here.]

*** Released for the 2018 Four Elements Release Challenge. ***