Ready Player One: A Novel

by Ernest Cline | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by wingtime-travelerwing of Westchester, New York USA on 12/4/2017
Journal Entry 1 by wingtime-travelerwing from Westchester, New York USA on Monday, December 04, 2017
Welcome to Bookcrossing! Please make a journal entry just to let us know this book's been caught. Maybe you'll want to read it but if not, just pass it along to a friend or wild release it again. Thanks - I hope you enjoy this site.

Journal Entry 2 by wingtime-travelerwing at Westchester, New York USA on Thursday, December 14, 2017
This was so much fun to read! Sometimes you just want a book that is an adventure, where you root for the underdog and get lost in the story. I loved all the references to 1980s pop culture, and really enjoyed trying to make sense of the clues and riddles. Sometimes things were tied together a little too neatly, and that would be my only minor criticism. For me, it really didn't take away from the story.

One reviewer called this "Enchanting...Willy Wonka meets The Matrix." That pretty much sums it up. I can't wait to see the movie (directed by Steven Spielberg), which will be coming out in 2018.

Released 10 mos ago (3/29/2018 UTC) at Cracker Barrel at Exit 118C off Interstate 81 in Christiansburg, Virginia USA

On a bench out front.

Funny story: I released the book on my way inside for dinner. Upon leaving, I saw the book was still there, then saw a woman pick it up and said "oh that looks like a horrible book!" and put it back down. I laughed so hard, to myself. I wanted to say "It's a great book, don't judge a book by its cover!!!" To top it off, she had a teenage boy with her. He would have loved it and will probably go see the movie!

Hopefully, the right finder comes along. The movie is released today :)

Released for ekorren's 52 Towns in 52 Weeks Release Challenge and msrubble's Movie Books Release Challenge.