Skylight Confessions

by Alice Hoffman | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingjlautnerwing of Henderson, Nevada USA on 3/6/2019
Journal Entry 1 by wingjlautnerwing from Henderson, Nevada USA on Wednesday, March 06, 2019
Purchased from Paseo Verde Library in Henderson, NV today.

Journal Entry 2 by wingjlautnerwing at Henderson, Nevada USA on Sunday, March 31, 2019
Arlyn Singer, red-headed, young, and driven by fantasy, chooses her future husband by fate. He is so shocked by her actions that he can't help falling for her. Through three generations, Arlyn has an influence. For her husband, John Moody, she follows him literally after her death.

We track Arlyn, John, their son Sam, his sister Blanca, and grandson Will, as each tries to navigate life, particularly in a glass house.

Hoffman indulges in other worlds here, yet the story stays grounded. In the end, we wonder if Arlyn's sense of fate had it right.

Not a fan of ghosts myself, I nevertheless was not particularly bothered by this one.

Journal Entry 3 by wingjlautnerwing at Starbucks on Stephanie and Horizon Ridge in Henderson, Nevada USA on Thursday, April 04, 2019

Released 3 mos ago (4/1/2019 UTC) at Starbucks on Stephanie and Horizon Ridge in Henderson, Nevada USA

on a table inside.