Missing, Presumed

by Susie Steiner | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wingjlautnerwing of Henderson, Nevada USA on 12/4/2017
Journal Entry 1 by wingjlautnerwing from Henderson, Nevada USA on Friday, March 29, 2019
[Book registered using a prenumbered label]

Journal Entry 2 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Friday, March 29, 2019
Arrived today from a paperbackswap member.

Journal Entry 3 by wingjlautnerwing at Henderson, Nevada USA on Friday, March 29, 2019
I am "anonymousfinder" in this case. I accidentally entered this book when I was not logged in.

Journal Entry 4 by wingjlautnerwing at Henderson, Nevada USA on Friday, April 19, 2019
A graduate student, Edith Hind, disappears, leaving behind an open door, blood, keys, and phone. Her father is a prominent doctor, politically influential. When Manon Bradshaw is assigned the case, she knows she is dealing with the power structure as well as the usual investigative challenges.

The investigation goes in many directions. The young woman's parents. Her boyfriend. Her friends, her personality. It all adds up to more than first appeared.

Yet to me, the investigation seems scattered. Information comes from different directions, almost at random. And then Manon rushes after it. Although an intriguing case which kept me reading, the narration seemed flat. I came away from it unsatisfied.

Journal Entry 5 by wingjlautnerwing at Henderson, Nevada USA on Friday, April 19, 2019
Posted on paperbackswap.

Journal Entry 6 by wingjlautnerwing at Henderson, Nevada USA on Saturday, April 20, 2019

Released 4 mos ago (4/20/2019 UTC) at Henderson, Nevada USA

Sent to paperbackswap member.