Something for the Weekend: The Collected Columns of Sir Terry Wogan

by Terry Wogan | Humor |
Registered by wingSpatialwing of Arlington, Virginia USA on 12/21/2017
Journal Entry 1 by wingSpatialwing from Arlington, Virginia USA on Thursday, December 21, 2017
I picked this book up at the Aurora Hills Branch Library's book sale shelf.

Journal Entry 2 by wingSpatialwing at BCinDC, Holiday Book Exchange -- Controlled Releases on Saturday, December 15, 2018

Released 6 mos ago (12/16/2018 UTC) at BCinDC, Holiday Book Exchange -- Controlled Releases

❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄

One of the books for the First Line
game at the BCinDC Holiday Party!

❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄

Journal Entry 3 by wing6of8wing at -- Mail or by hand-rings, RABCK, meetings, etc, Virginia USA on Monday, December 17, 2018
Selected from the first line game at the Holiday party based on its horrid first line (overly flowery). Actually sounds really intriguing and like a book that can be sampled a little at a time.

Journal Entry 4 by wing6of8wing at -- Mail or by hand-rings, RABCK, meetings, etc, Virginia USA on Thursday, February 07, 2019
This gentleman seems to be the British Andy Rooney. Mostly grumbling, some of it funny. I think had I been British and therefore more familiar with a lot of the people and events discussed, I would have enjoyed it more. Well written for the most part and 99% of the entries were 2 pages long, so I could read it in tiny bits when I had time.

I did get a chuckle out of his commentary on a large family living on public funding in a very large house, where the matriarch is into dogs, the father is a racist old codger who speaks out of turn, a local shopkeeper is convinced the family had his son and the son's girlfriend killed, the kids all had disastrous marriages, and the grandkids were supposed to be in the military but were more likely to be seen in night clubs. I was more than halfway through the description before I realized who he meant. Made me chuckle.

Journal Entry 5 by wing6of8wing at -- Mail or by hand-rings, RABCK, meetings, etc, Virginia USA on Saturday, February 16, 2019

Released 3 mos ago (2/17/2019 UTC) at -- Mail or by hand-rings, RABCK, meetings, etc, Virginia USA

This book is going with me to meet-up and hopefully it will go home with someone else.

Journal Entry 6 by wingmelydiawing at Rockville, Maryland USA on Sunday, February 17, 2019
Picked up at today's BCinDC meetup in Alexandria, VA.