corner corner Twelve Slays of Christmas: A Christmas Tree Farm Mystery

Twelve Slays of Christmas: A Christmas Tree Farm Mystery
by Jacqueline Frost | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by BookLovinMama of Arnold, Missouri USA on 12/3/2017

status (set by iwillrejoice): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by BookLovinMama from Arnold, Missouri USA on Sunday, December 03, 2017

We are introduced to Holly at the Hearth, the café at her family’s tree farm. She had unexpectedly returned home just a few days before what should have been her Christmas Eve wedding. As she is preparing to celebrate the holidays with her family, Margaret Fenwick is found murdered and Holly’s dad is suspected of the murder. Holly sets out to remove suspicion from those around her, her father as well as the employees at the farm.

The more I learned about Mistletoe, Maine, the more I wanted to visit myself to celebrate the Christmas season! The holiday spirit jumped off of the pages. I enjoyed that there was just a bit of romance between Holly and the sheriff, but more importantly that it didn’t feel forced.

The characters were likeable. So much so, that you didn’t want any of them to be the “one who did it”. The author also did a great job of setting the stage for the upcoming holidays.

Journal Entry 2 by BookLovinMama at ~ Iwillrejoice's ABC (Alphabet) Bookrings - US version, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Sunday, December 03, 2017

Released 1 wk ago (12/3/2017 UTC) at ~ Iwillrejoice's ABC (Alphabet) Bookrings - US version, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

Passing along to iwillrejoice for the Holiday Book Box as I won't be able to participate, but wanted to make sure that I was able to include a book.

Journal Entry 3 by wingiwillrejoicewing at Fort Myers, Florida USA on Thursday, December 07, 2017

This little surprise arrived safely today. Thank you!