Queen of the Elephants

by Mark Shand | Nonfiction |
Registered by shovelmonkey1 of Penge, Greater London United Kingdom on 12/3/2017
Journal Entry 1 by shovelmonkey1 from Penge, Greater London United Kingdom on Sunday, December 03, 2017
I first read Travels on my Elephant, the precursor to this book when I found it in a charity shop in Liverpool. It caught my eye because it was published by Eland my favourite publisher. Queen of the Elephants is equally good. Despite his Royal connections (he's Camilla Parker Bowles older brother) Mark Shand was happiest doing what he liked which was travelling around India on his elephant Tara. Brilliant!

Journal Entry 2 by shovelmonkey1 at Penge East Station in Penge, Greater London United Kingdom on Sunday, December 03, 2017

Released 1 yr ago (12/4/2017 UTC) at Penge East Station in Penge, Greater London United Kingdom

Left on the bookshelf at Penge East station for a new commuter to find. Hope this book offers you some escapism en route to work!