No Second Chance

by Harlan Coben | Mystery & Thrillers | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingJean-Solwing of Melbourne CBD, Victoria Australia on 12/2/2017
Journal Entry 1 by wingJean-Solwing from Melbourne CBD, Victoria Australia on Saturday, December 02, 2017
From Goodreads:

"When his child is taken, a father will stop at nothing to get her back in this explosive, white-knuckle thriller from #1 New York Times bestselling author Harlan Coben.

When the first bullet hit my chest, I thought of my daughter...

Shot twice by an unseen assailant, Dr. Marc Seidman lies in a hospital bed. His wife has been killed. His six-month-old daughter has vanished. But just when his world seems forever shattered, the ransom note arrives: We are watching. If you contact the authorities, you will never see your daughter again. There will be no second chance. With no one to trust, and mired in a deepening quicksand of deception and deadly secrets, Marc clings to one unwavering vow: bring home his daughter, at any cost."

Journal Entry 2 by wingJean-Solwing at La Camera in Melbourne CBD, Victoria Australia on Friday, February 26, 2021

Released 1 mo ago (2/28/2021 UTC) at La Camera in Melbourne CBD, Victoria Australia

To be released at our first Melbourne meetup since the lockdown!

Journal Entry 3 by KKslibrary at Melbourne CBD, Victoria Australia on Sunday, February 28, 2021
Picked up at meetup today

Journal Entry 4 by KKslibrary at Melbourne CBD, Victoria Australia on Monday, March 15, 2021
Normally I like Harlan Coben books, but I did not think this was one of his best, but still not too bad. Dr Marc Seidman is shot in his home,band after 12 days in hospital he wakes up to discover his wife was killed and his daughter has vanished. Then there is a ransom note, but something goes wrong at the drop off, and the kidnappers take off with the money but there is no sign of his 6 month old daughter. He tries to get on with his life, then 18 months later he receives another ransom note, but instead of involving the police this time, he seeks the help of an old girlfriend who is an ex FBI agent. There is an interesting twist at the end that is unexpected.