corner corner The Power

The Power
by Naomi Alderman | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingbookfrogsterwing of Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on 11/27/2017

status (set by Florence71): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingbookfrogsterwing from Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Monday, November 27, 2017

This is one of the best books I've read in a long time. A great idea, brilliantly executed. Although it is being compared to the Handmaid's Tale, it's not really the same at all, other than in it's awesomeness!

Journal Entry 2 by wingbookfrogsterwing at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Monday, February 19, 2018

Released 7 mos ago (2/19/2018 UTC) at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom

And off it goes as part of the wishlist tag game. Happy reading!

Journal Entry 3 by wingPoodlesisterwing at Walthamstow, Greater London United Kingdom on Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Thank you for the book. This is on a lot of wishlists so I imagine I will pass it on with another tag.

Really thought-provoking and disturbing read.

Journal Entry 4 by wingPoodlesisterwing at Wishlist Tag, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom on Sunday, March 25, 2018

Released 6 mos ago (3/26/2018 UTC) at Wishlist Tag, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

Going to Lamilla

Journal Entry 5 by wingLamillawing at Минск / Minsk, Minsk Belarus on Wednesday, April 04, 2018

Received today!

TRIGGER WARNING: graphic depiction of rape and violence

Ray: http://www.bookcrossing.com/forum/20/551271

Travelling order:
Lamilla (Belarus) - done
sedna5213 (Germany) - done
iiwi (The Netherlands) - done
Femke85 (Sweden) - done
tenscentpistol (France) - done
florence71 (France) - Europe, here, 11.09
Bookworm-lady (Spain) - intl'
Lizzy-stardust (UK) - UK or Europe
Cross-patch (UK) - UK or Europe
caroline-m (UK) - UK or Europe
Cassandra2020 (UK) - UK or Europe
Delphi_Reader (Greece) - intl', prefers to receive later
mcsar (Canada) - US or Canada

Journal Entry 6 by wingLamillawing at Минск / Minsk, Minsk Belarus on Saturday, April 28, 2018

Released 4 mos ago (4/28/2018 UTC) at Минск / Minsk, Minsk Belarus

You've found a travelling book. Hurray!
The book's journey continues by its finder's cooperation and creativity. By making a journal entry on this book, you can add to the book's story as it travels from reader to reader around the world.
Enjoy your reading!

Привет!
Спасибо, что нашли время зайти на сайт и сделать запись в журнале! Напишите, когда и где вы нашли книгу.
Перед тем, как попасть к Вам, она побывала в других уголках света. История ее путешествий записана на сайте, и теперь к ней добавился еще один пункт. Я очень рада, что она нашла нового читателя в Вашем лице.

Journal Entry 7 by wingsedna5213wing at Charlottenburg, Berlin Germany on Tuesday, May 15, 2018

The book arrived today! Thanks a lot Lamilla! Will start to read it right away.

****
A very interesting read.

Journal Entry 8 by wingsedna5213wing at Charlottenburg, Berlin Germany on Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Released 4 mos ago (5/22/2018 UTC) at Charlottenburg, Berlin Germany

The book is travelling to the next reader.

Journal Entry 9 by wingiiwiwing at Zeist, Utrecht Netherlands on Sunday, May 27, 2018

Found this in the mailbox after returning from a few days in Amsterdam!

Journal Entry 10 by wingiiwiwing at Zeist, Utrecht Netherlands on Saturday, July 14, 2018

That was fun, a book that read as a Netflix series. The novel is more action than character based in my opinion. I just read the Handmaid's tale a month ago, these novels are like yin and yang to each other.

I still have Femke's address I think, I will contact here.

Journal Entry 11 by wingFemke85wing at Gent, Oost-Vlaanderen / Flandre Orientale Belgium on Saturday, July 21, 2018

The book arrived in the mail and will start reading it soon.

***
Update 11/08/2018

One of the best books I’ve read in a long time. I finished it a few weeks ago and recommended it to several people. Like others have said: it reads like a Netflix series.
What if women suddenly develop the ability to physically hurt or kill other people by shooting electricity from their body. What if women become the physically dominant gender over night? A story that starts off with setting this straight and taking revenge on people (men) that perhaps deserved it, but soon escalates, leaving a bitter taste after you finish the book. Bitter, because a lot of the events that are described (rape, terrorism, suppression...) occur in our world, yet the only thing that is altered in the book is the sex of the dominant gender.

Journal Entry 12 by wingFemke85wing at Uppsala, Uppland Sweden on Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Released 1 mo ago (8/14/2018 UTC) at Uppsala, Uppland Sweden

Sent off to France

Journal Entry 13 by tenscentpistol at Paris, Ile-de-France France on Saturday, August 25, 2018

Book is with me, thank you Femke85 for sending it my way. I'll do my best to read it before our monthly parisian meetup so that I can give to Florence.71

Journal Entry 14 by tenscentpistol at Paris, Ile-de-France France on Monday, September 10, 2018

A very interesting read indeed. A novel, sure, but the non-subnatural events do exist in the actual world. Unfortunately. Whether it's this way round or the other way round. Thank you Lamilla for offering this Ray.

I will pass it on to Florence tomorrow night, at our Parisian meetup.

Journal Entry 15 by tenscentpistol at Paris, Ile-de-France France on Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Released 1 wk ago (9/11/2018 UTC) at Paris, Ile-de-France France

Given to Florence, at the Parisian meetup.
Bonne lecture!

Journal Entry 16 by Florence71 at Fontenay-sous-Bois, Ile-de-France France on Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Take back home from the parisian monthly meet up. Thanks Tenscenpistol. I try to read it in one month time