Werewolf Cop: A Novel

by Andrew Klavan | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wingGoryDetailswing of Nashua, New Hampshire USA on 11/25/2017
Journal Entry 1 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Saturday, November 25, 2017
I got this softcover at a local thrift shop. How could I resist a title like Werewolf Cop?

The book's a kind of noir buddy-cop tale, with plenty of anguish on the part of Zach, the "werewolf cop". Nicknamed "Cowboy", he and his partner, the Brooklyn-born "Broadway Joe", are the best detective team on the mysterious "Extraordinary Crimes" team, and gained a lot of press after rescuing an adorable child from a sadistic killer. When they get on the trail of an especially vicious Hungarian gangster, they face a huge challenge - and it's here that Zach gets attacked by a strange beast and finds himself subject to involuntary and uncontrollable changes into a ravening monster.

The story features both the investigations of the original crimes and Zach's gradual realization of what he has become, and what this will mean to his family, to his partner, and to himself.

Lots of grisly scenes in this one, some from supernatural foes and some from human ones. Good, solid story.

Journal Entry 2 by wingGoryDetailswing at Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Thursday, May 03, 2018

Released 2 yrs ago (5/4/2018 UTC) at Nashua, New Hampshire USA

I'm adding this to the Otherworldly bookbox, which will be on its way to its next stop soon. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by imawinn2 at Neenah, Wisconsin USA on Tuesday, June 05, 2018
This one looks interesting. I have been on a little bit of a werewolf story kick, lately. Looks like I will add another to the pack.