A Long Long Way

Little Free Book Box
by Sebastian Barry | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingSouthVillaswing of Camden, Greater London United Kingdom on 12/17/2017
Journal Entry 1 by wingSouthVillaswing from Camden, Greater London United Kingdom on Sunday, December 17, 2017
Left in my little free book box by a kind neighbour so I've registered it to see how far it travels. If you've picked this up please do think about leaving a book back in the box at some point in the future so we can continue to keep our books being circulated and read.

Journal Entry 2 by tashclayton at Siracusa, Sicilia Italy on Wednesday, September 05, 2018

Released 10 mos ago (9/6/2018 UTC) at Siracusa, Sicilia Italy

Leaving with my host in Siracusa. It's a private apartment airbnb so who know's where it will end up next.

An Irish boy joins the British army early in world war one and remarkably survives for the majority of it. But not intact; the scars of the British treatment of the Irish, the importance of family and friendships and an early romance all leave their scars. Beautifully written a perfect introduction to a very sad, disturbing time in Irish & British history.