The Signature of All Things

by Elizabeth Gilbert | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingchrissiniwing of Graz, Steiermark Austria on 11/19/2017
Journal Entry 1 by wingchrissiniwing from Graz, Steiermark Austria on Sunday, November 19, 2017
From the moment Alma Whittaker steps into the world, everything about life intrigues her. Instilled with an unquenchable sense of wonder by her father, a botanical explorer and the richest man in the New World, Alma is raised in a house of luxury and curiosity. It is not long before she becomes a gifted botanist in her own right. But as she flourishes and her research takes her deeper into the mysteries of evolution, the man she comes to love draws her in the opposite direction - into the realm of the spiritual, the divine and the magical. The Signature of All Things soars across the globe of the nineteenth century, from London and Peru, to Philadelphia, Tahiti and beyond. Peopled with extraordinary characters along the way, most of all it has an unforgettable heroine in Alma Whittaker.

Bought at an English book fair.

Journal Entry 2 by wingchrissiniwing at Graz, Steiermark Austria on Monday, November 27, 2017
The book started out really great but during the second half my mind drifted. I don't know if it was the book itself or if my mind was just preoccupied but I was rather glad when I reached the end.

The photo came with the book and I decided to leave it in there and let the next reader decide what to do with it. :D

Journal Entry 3 by wingchrissiniwing at Graz, Steiermark Austria on Monday, November 27, 2017

Released 1 yr ago (11/27/2017 UTC) at Graz, Steiermark Austria

Sending along as a surprise RABCK with some other things. I hope the package will travel fast and that it will make the recipient smile. :)

Journal Entry 4 by wingLamillawing at Минск / Minsk, Minsk Belarus on Tuesday, December 19, 2017
wow, what a pleasant surprise! Arrived today in a box full of awesome things. Thank you so much!

Journal Entry 5 by wingLamillawing at Минск / Minsk, Minsk Belarus on Sunday, March 18, 2018
is going to mcsar as a birthday present, as a part of birthday group 2018

Journal Entry 6 by wingLamillawing at Минск / Minsk, Minsk Belarus on Friday, March 23, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (3/23/2018 UTC) at Минск / Minsk, Minsk Belarus

You've found a travelling book. Hurray!
The book's journey continues by its finder's cooperation and creativity. By making a journal entry on this book, you can add to the book's story as it travels from reader to reader around the world.
Enjoy your reading!

Привет!
Спасибо, что нашли время зайти на сайт и сделать запись в журнале! Напишите, когда и где вы нашли книгу.
Перед тем, как попасть к Вам, она побывала в других уголках света. История ее путешествий записана на сайте, и теперь к ней добавился еще один пункт. Я очень рада, что она нашла нового читателя в Вашем лице.

Journal Entry 7 by wingmcsarwing at Richmond, British Columbia Canada on Friday, May 18, 2018
Thank you for sending this huge book all the way. Really appreciated it.